A slightly complicated (pssibly) Creative Commons / All Rights Reserved question

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
I shoot gigs and as I've not really kept up with my own website I said I shoot a few bits and bobs for a friend's website whilst I was looking for a publication to take me on (expected date: 12th of never)

I have all my photos as All Rights Reserved as I don't want them being posted wherever people fancy. My friend's site is Creative Commons.

If my images are on his site will that automatically make them CC? Would a All Rights Reserved thing at the bottom of a post cancel out the CC for my image(s)?

My friend is totally fine with how I copyright my images but neither of us know what they would become in this situation.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

To a certain extent it doesn't matter, if somebody want them they will use them regardless, I would argue the the copyright symbol on the image should make the point not to copy them, but in the real world I have my doubts about how effective it will be.

I think it would depend on the wording your friend has on his site. It may need updating to point out there are specific exclusions and say something like all images on this site are covered by CC except for those specifically stated as all rights reserved.

Back