A small assortment from Spain.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
First a couple of shots of the Griffon Vulture.

IMG_3272.jpg

Vulture.jpg

One which if I am right is a Peregrine, correct me if I am wrong and any info on sex age would be appreciated.

P1.jpg

This one has got me thinking :D Reading the info of birds on a sign I originaly thought this could be a Bonelli's Eagle. Looking through images on Google I cannot find one where the light and dark feather markings on the underside are the same as this one. A short toed Eagle :shrug:

IMG_3995-1.jpg

Lastly a couple from the beach, agin need an ID pretty please :D My thoughts are a Plover. I suppose I could have tried a lot harder on Google, but then where is the fun in that I say? :LOL: Thanks for looking.

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

Last edited:
The last two, I dont think its a plover... look at Little Stint and tell me what you think?

I personally think its a Little Stint.

Rich--defo not a peregrine mate, not sure what it is though.
Some bloody help you are M8 :LOL:
looks like you had a good time nice set there, I think the last two are a sanderling I got some of these myself last week, although I could be wrong, it has been known lol
Cheers Kaz
The last two, I dont think its a plover... look at Little Stint and tell me what you think?

I personally think its a Little Stint.

The Peregrine... I think it could be a female Goshawk.

I am happy to go with the Goshawk for now Joe, as for the other I am trying to see a noticable difference between Sanderlin and Little Stint :thinking: Just leaves the Eagle thing then to ID.

Some belting shots there Rich (y)
Love the last two with lovely detail even down to the sand grains sir.
Looks Sanderling ... ey .... ish !! :shrug:
John

I've checked out Sanderling pics on google and compared them with a little stint and your pic does look more like a Sanderling. The reason I said Little Stint was that it looked very much like the 5 I saw at Frampton the other day.

Great pics mate!

A nice set mate (y) My money would be on the last 2 being Sanderlings

I hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you soon :thinking:

Did i really say that i must have been out in the sun to much :D

Regards

Richard

Nice set Rich, shows what good light can do too. Cant help on ID's. I'll leave the experts to that, just say I like what I am seeing here, well done (y)

Not a peregrine Rich, can`t help on what it actually is though.

Great details Rich(y)

Peregrine is a Sparrow Hawk female. They look slightly different over there for some reason. Gos Hawks do occur but like here they are scarce and stay in the woods.

Eagle is a Booted Eagle. Lots of them and there is also a dark form. Bonelli's are very hard to see on the chance. Mostly juveniles are seen on the straight as they get kicked out from the parents territory.

Thank you all for some informative replies and kind comments (y) Booted Eagle it is Martin, thanks.

A great set Rich, not many of the wife and kids though, ha ha.

Regards: Gordon

Back