A spot of Football.

Edit My Images
Yes
Football or Rugby. No competition. Rugby everytime. However, had these to shoot today - albeit the wrong game.

As ever, in manual, various speed between 1600 - 2500 @ 2.8, 300mm. ISO averaged 200.

One of those great sunny winter afternoons where the sun is beating down at a low angle. Nice in the garden with a beer , a horror when you turn up and see a team in white shirts :eek: :wacky:

Anyway, as ever comments and wuestions welcome.

UNi_PT__20061215_13.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_10.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_14.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_4.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_21.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_20.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_15.jpg

UNi_PT__20061215_17.jpg

Not bad, especially considering the less than perfect light, atleast it wasnt raining ;)

As ever you captured some great action shots, quite like #1, #2, #3, and #5. All decent but those are my favourites :D

Great shots (as always) :thumb:

Can I ask what type of metering so you use for these?

Looks like you've had to push several of these a lot. I guess you were underexposing to not blow the white shirts and as a result have added a lot of posterisation noise.

Interesting. I read somewhere (might have been gmen on potn) that having the ball in the shot was very important for this sort of shot and looking through these the 2 without a ball in the shot look kind of wrong :)

I also read that shooting into the sun could work to your advantage with hair lighting and the second one looks good with that lighting.

Shame it was the wrong game ;)

Looks like you've had to push several of these a lot. I guess you were underexposing to not blow the white shirts and as a result have added a lot of posterisation noise.

Yes, spot on. Awful metering white on a day like today. It was a lose lose situation tbh but rather under than over.

Pete.

Interesting. I read somewhere (might have been gmen on potn) that having the ball in the shot was very important for this sort of shot and looking through these the 2 without a ball in the shot look kind of wrong :)

I also read that shooting into the sun could work to your advantage with hair lighting and the second one looks good with that lighting.

Shame it was the wrong game ;)

Correct. I think I wrote that here the other day for Ally. The ball is the shot but it can work when both players are looking up for a ball. The shot of the guy with v. short hair just grabbed me when cropped. (last one).

Thanks for the comment.(y)

Back