A Tale Of Two Cities Photoshoot

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Took my 5DMkII and the newly acquired 17-40L out for a play, wanted to see how it faired for the purpose I intended it for.

Do excuse facebooks compression, my photobucket is being even worse than usual for some reason.

858967_10151434568939711_1071832314_o.jpg

17mm @ F/4. 1/13s ISO 1600. Custom WB.

It's been in DxO8 for correcting too.

Looks like a nice wise shot to me, shame the seat cushion on the left is raised up though and the two guys at the left end have a similar pose other than that looks good.
Did you want any specific feedback???

Looks like a nice wise shot to me, shame the seat cushion on the left is raised up though and the two guys at the left end have a similar pose other than that looks good.
Did you want any specific feedback???

I just realised I didn't put C&C welcome in the OP!

Yeah, this was actually shot handheld indoors at a relatively slow shutter speed, so I'm just looking for general criticisms and advice.

Will put a few more up in a second!

the second one (above) works for me. The lads having a bit of banter. The first is a good photo but the subjects don't connect with me

I'm guessing the lad on the left of *1 is the drummer?

In *1 the faces of the two on the left look slightly out of focus surprisingly - the shutter speed presumably as its shot at F4 it shouldn't be DOF. If they all had the crisp sharpness of the faces of the two on the right it would be cracking. I like the pose and in the context of a promotional shot I think it would work well, depending upon any text graphics to be added - which might be tricky with the window (nicely exposed exterior mate).

*3 is better than the pose in *2 IMO, again nice exterior exposure. The geometrical shapes going on in *2 and *3 draw the eye and so I think getting the whole of thew circle in the paned glass and the bigger arc of the table improves the composition - it just feels more balanced to me.

I reckon the quality of your camera would let you risk a slightly higher ISO to gain a quicker shutter speed. If there was some increased grain I think that would only add to this shot (I'm studying Klein & Moriyama so am into grain at the moment!!). Did you use a tripod at 1/13 sec?

As ever, nice work AF :)

Last edited:
Back