A thought on motivation

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
2022 was an odd year for me as I got to the point where I really lost my motivation when it came to my motorsport photography. I only went to four events in the end and thought a good proportion of what I shot was trash.

Oddly enough, over Christmas I decided to go back through what I had shot and I found some real gems - despite being demotivated I managed to take some shots that I really am pleased with. It's got me back in the mood to go out and shoot again.

I don't sell my work nor do I shoot for a living - I post it on Instagram, Flickr and on here from time to time. I would like to try and get to the circuits I have never made it to in 2023 - and perhaps to go somewhere other than MSV tracks (I haven't renewed my MSV 4 wheel season pass again this year as I am dubious about whether it is giving me value or not - I am not conviced I ever would have spent £230 on tickets for events during the year).

A change in job means I have the weekends free these days. I wonder perhaps if I just need to find something more to do with what I shoot. I am also making a point this year of actually taking time to watch the racing - I sometimes get so tied up in the photography side, I don't actually take the time to enjoy watching the event - and I think that is vital as my love for motorsport was the reason why I went to the track in the first place.

I suppose we all go through these things and thought processes Gary.

I'm trying to take a camera out more but I'm very conscious that while I'm fiddling with it and taking pictures I'm missing something else.

Glad you got some picture you're happy with and are enjoying it :D

Last edited:
Back