Critique a tourist in london b/w

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, with a day to kill venturted up into london with a notion of trying something different. Enjoyed myself but there wasnt the time to see what i wanted to cram in. next time will venture off the beaten track and try proper urban and if i have the nerve street photography.
All processed with cyberlink in black and white hdr. Would really like peoples thoughts as a project it was something i really wanted to do.
Took over 200 shots ar various locations and these were four i liked.

CSC_0461-01
by woody174, on Flickr

DSC_0287
by woody174, on Flickr

DSC_0309
by woody174, on Flickr

DSC_0302
by woody174, on Flickr

Thanks mark, actually that last shot was merely grab and shoot while waiting for the lights to change. Just thought it looked cool with reflection in the glass. Thanks for posting comments it means a lot as it was something I've never really shot before but has literally opened my eyes to the urban buildings in the town where I live.

Nice, although you look to have a bit of a halo effect around the buildings which is usually due to photomatix HDR being a bit heavily applied?

Thanks for the reply landwomble, yeah have to agree and should have toned down slightly. Didn't use photomatix through, used a free program cyberlink but the process is the same. Used the preset black and white and played with
Highlights, shadows etc. Maybe should have toned the capacity down slightly. Trouble is HDR is marmite and people will hate these while I personally pleased with the look. But it's nice to hear constructive crit, which I can now go back and try to tone the halo down. Many thanks

I think they look great. It just needs turning down a bit - when I go back over my HDR stuff I can see I've done exactly the same!

Back