A Very Civil War

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening,

I don't post very often in this thread as I very rarely shoot people (especially with a camera :)) and when I do they rarely turn out well enough for public consumption. But, on saturday I spent a sunny afternoon at the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment with about a million others and some of the faces were well worth a shot or two.

Here's a few, all shot on a Fuji X-T1 and Fuji 55-230mm lens.

The Drummer..... Boy?
Town-Centre11 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Hard Stare
Town-Centre4-b&w-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Sergeant At Arms
Town-Centre2--B&w by andysnapper1, on Flickr

The Old Artillery Man
Artillery-8-b&w-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Any thoughts, comments or critique most welcome.

Cheers

Andy

Interesting set of characters, if I had been given that hard stare by a stranger I would have run a mile :) but it suits the image.

Particularly like the last, great features

Thanks guys.

Andy

Thanks Simon.

Andy

I was also at the Battle, I always struggle to get any decent shots just because of all the background clutter and random people in high-vis trousers. I even followed the procession off along Welsh Row to try to snap in front of some of the old half-timber buildings, but there's so much coloured signage on them that it didn't look right.

I do like the very short DoF in your photos, I'll have to look at that for next time as it's helped a lot with getting rid of confusing backgrounds. I've just had another look at some of mine and even in what I'd loosely describe as my favourite, there's a lovely run of red and white plastic tape with some people behind it.

Yeh, it was a problem that flipping tape. I went down to the battleground early and got a good spot to, it got waaaay too busy in the square.
Some nice shots there Dave.
@dmb I used to work with two Dave Bloors, father and son, in Crewe railway works, any relation?

There will be a link, way back, but I'm one of the Staffordshire Bloors. Only came to Cheshire 25 years ago so still a 'furriner' ;)

Away with you vile Staffordshire type :D back to the black country with you.

Andy

Back