A very poor set of Short Eared Owl Shots i really would'nt waste your time looking

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Hi All
Typical you tell someone not to look and look what they do. Now you can see why Pandora opened the box:D
I had a great day out today With Alan, CT and the icing on the cake we met up with another Mate Trev , it was well worth the journey just meeting up with the others :D
i managed to get lucky and bag a few poor shots so try not to be to hard on me.

CEDSEO32.jpg

CEDSEO29.jpg

CEDSEO18.jpg
]

CEDSEO17.jpg

CEDSEO5.jpg

CEDSEO6.jpg

Regards All

Richard

Last edited:
You shouldn't be too hard yourself - everybody has to start somewhere.

Love the 'confused' eyes in number 3

God terrible... why do you bother..... :wacky:

:D

:D:LOL::LOL:Im a bit of a masochist i must enjoy the pain ;) thanks though

You shouldn't be too hard yourself - everybody has to start somewhere.

Love the 'confused' eyes in number 3

Cheers Phil
I will attempt to get better ;) i couldn't make up my mind if i liked the look or not i have now changed that one for the next one in the sequence :D thats the beauty of a well set up 1d mk4 frame after frame pin sharp :thinking:editings a bugger though.

Regards

Richard

" And the icing on the cake we met up with another Mate Trev " :wacky::wacky:
Lovely sharp set Rich with no fave for me. I am going to make an effort for some type of Owl shot this year even if it is a stuffed one in the local museum :D

You really need to stop.putting up such rubbish shots lol, these are yet again awesome l, always a delight in-store when I cluck on your posts

Keep up the great work
Cheers

Blimey they're great work! I'd be proud of those if I were you!!

Arrrr, I must stop looking at these. You make me sick, I can't even dream of getting images like these and here you are ramming them down my throat lol

Seriously though, just when I think that I have seen it all, you come along and blow me away again and again.

These are just spectacular. One day, I might get something half as good.

Great set, well done Richard.

Jason

All good Rich, but 3 and 6 stand out, yet I love the eye contact on 1, very well taken indeed mate, you should be happy with these. So good bumping into you too, made for a very pleasant day with some beautiful birds to see (y)

Cheers Phil
I will attempt to get better ;) i couldn't make up my mind if i liked the look or not i have now changed that one for the next one in the sequence :D thats the beauty of a well set up 1d mk4 frame after frame pin sharp :thinking:editings a bugger though.

Regards

Richard

I really did like the one with the crazy eyes although I agree - it just goes to show the advantage of fantastic AF

Away to start a campaign to have crazy eyes reinstated.........

Last edited:
" And the icing on the cake we met up with another Mate Trev " :wacky::wacky:
Lovely sharp set Rich with no fave for me. I am going to make an effort for some type of Owl shot this year even if it is a stuffed one in the local museum :D

Hi Rich glad you liked them :naughty: if you read further up i did say im a bit of a masochist :D:LOL:

You really need to stop.putting up such rubbish shots lol, these are yet again awesome l, always a delight in-store when I cluck on your posts

Keep up the great work
Cheers

Thanks Kenny i have to work very hard on those titles :D The crap images just come naturally ;)

Blimey they're great work! I'd be proud of those if I were you!!

Glad you liked them

Arrrr, I must stop looking at these. You make me sick, I can't even dream of getting images like these and here you are ramming them down my throat lol

Seriously though, just when I think that I have seen it all, you come along and blow me away again and again.

These are just spectacular. One day, I might get something half as good.

Great set, well done Richard.

Jason

Hi Jason right time and right place :D it's just a case of being very lucky thats me, glad you liked them

Number 3 for me Richard, truly inspiring...!! :)

Thanks Jason

All good Rich, but 3 and 6 stand out, yet I love the eye contact on 1, very well taken indeed mate, you should be happy with these. So good bumping into you too, made for a very pleasant day with some beautiful birds to see (y)

Nice to see you again Trev, thanks glad you liked them

Some people make you sick!!!!

They are brilliant

Cheers John

I really did like the one with the crazy eyes although I agree - it just goes to show the advantage of fantastic AF

Away to start a campaign to have crazy eyes reinstated.........

Thanks Phil here's crazy eyes just for you. Some of it was poor editing on my part the one side of the face is in shadow and i worked on that side a touch also tweaking the eye so instead of being straight ahead it looks like it's moved it's eyes slightly which owls don't do they move their head to see their eyes have very little movement.

A interesting fact for everyone this year is the voles have had a really good year breeding and with a mild winter the voles are not hugging the hedge rows so much that is why the owls are hunting further out in the fields. Frost and ice does affect the prey and the vegetation. When you decide to photograph a subject remember to check on the lesser facts it rewards you occasionally. I also never go SEO hunting if i can help it if the windspeed is above 10 miles an hour.

All i can say is i had a good teacher and for all my photographic knowledge i go here :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3NFW2c7hA&feature=share

It made my life so much easier. You really need to check out the other parts in the series as well

CEDSEO18_edited-1.jpg

Regards All

Richard

Last edited:
Great set Richard but where's that cracking arial shot then - you keeping that one back? ;)

Great set Richard but where's that cracking arial shot then - you keeping that one back? ;)

Thanks mate i have a few more to come yet :D

Regards

Richard

Shocking...wish I hadn't looked!!!! Definitely the 'with prey' shot for me

Richard how to you sleep at night wasting everyones time and money looking at these shots. Your right they are poor :D

I do like the one above and he rest so for me they are all great (y)

Shocking...wish I hadn't looked!!!! Definitely the 'with prey' shot for me

Thanks glad you liked them

AWFUL SET! ESPECIALLY #3. MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. QUICK!

Richard how to you sleep at night wasting everyones time and money looking at these shots. Your right they are poor :D

I do like the one above and he rest so for me they are all great (y)

Thanks Martin glad you liked them

Regards All

Richard

I've seen that link before Richard - very funny !

I can't believe i wasted 30 seconds of my life looking !!!

Great shots mate, thanks for sharing :D
Best wishes
Cliff

Back