A walk around Loch Faskally, Perthshire

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
No
The weather here in Scotland has been very wet over a number of weeks. So I decided to take advantage of a rare sunny day to capture the autumn colours before further wind and rain brought all the leaves down. These were all taken on a walk round Loch Faskally in Perthshire.

Faskally Wood
IMG_5507 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

Faskally House and Craigower.
IMG_5511 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

Loch Faskally
IMG_5519 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

River Tummel
IMG_5490 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

Loch Faskally
IMG_5453 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

River Garry
IMG_5505 by seniorshot2, on Flickr

When did you find the blue sky? Great pictures of a great area. I would imagine the river is high and the white water rafting interesting. That is definitely worth doing, but not if you are of a nervous disposition.

Get's a (y) from me.

A very nice set, looks a lovely area.

I love these, thank you for sharing
Many thanks

A very pleasant autumnal group (y)
Thank you

When did you find the blue sky? Great pictures of a great area. I would imagine the river is high and the white water rafting interesting. That is definitely worth doing, but not if you are of a nervous disposition.
The river was very high 2 weeks ago, certainly too high for rafting, it's lower now but sadly someone lost their life in the Tay.

Get's a (y) from me.
Many thanks

A very nice set, looks a lovely area.
Many thanks

Good set, I particularly like the boats
Thank you

Excellent set of images, I really like them all.
Thanks for sharing.
Many thanks

Thanks for taking the time with these. You're bringing Scotland in the fall to all of us who can't be there right now. Beautiful.

Very good set and well worth your walk.

Roger this is a beautiful series of photos.
Stunning colours and landscape.

What would the dominant tree be there? Or is it mix of different species.
We have many British trees planted by the early British settlers, but we never get a show like that

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time with these. You're bringing Scotland in the fall to all of us who can't be there right now. Beautiful.
Many thanks. It really needs the sun to shine to bring out the beauty

Very good set and well worth your walk.
Many thanks

Roger this is a beautiful series of photos.
Stunning colours and landscape.

What would the dominant tree be there? Or is it mix of different species.
We have many British trees planted by the early British settlers, but we never get a show like that
Thank you. There is a mixture of tree species, with Oak, ash, beech, sycamore, Rowans and Scots pine being quite dominant.
Some planted species like Larch, Noble and Douglas fir often seen on hillsides for wood production.

Back