A wee trip to Skye

thank you for the continued comments. Always interesting how we all like different things.

ps Merry Christmas

Wonderful set,especially Neist Point lighthouse..Skye never fails to impress.

Thanks again guys - getting a wee bit jealous of all these folk that are heading back up there. February should be a good time Dave. Where are you guys staying when you go?

A couple more cliches while we're at it

Thanks again guys - getting a wee bit jealous of all these folk that are heading back up there. February should be a good time Dave. Where are you guys staying when you go?

Very nice again Mark. Last one - Fairy Pools?

Yeah Feb's not too bad, can be a bit hit and miss with the weather but as you know, you can get all 4 seasons in an hour up there! We've rented a cottage for the week - dirt cheap that time of year.

Last edited:
Very nice again Mark. Last one - Fairy Pools?

Yeah Feb's not too bad, can be a bit hit and miss with the weather but as you know, you can get all 4 seasons in an hour up there! We've rented a cottage for the week - dirt cheap that time of year.

Aye, Fairy Pools. We rented a big 4 bedroom house for 4 nights. As you say a great deal at this time of year. One of the guys (Billy Currie) does a few courses up that way and has some decent contacts. Biggest problem is all the cafes being closed but we found a cracking wee bakers doing an all day breakfast at Dunvegan (amongst other spots).

a cracking wee bakers doing an all day breakfast at Dunvegan (amongst other spots)[/quote said:
Now THAT is worth knowing

They are all Wow! But for me the real stand out ones are 4 and 6. Maybe I just prefer a bit of colour?

A really nice set showing off the Skye scenery.
My favs are #4 #5 and #6
I feel however that #4 in particular is a but underexposed for me. I'd leave the sky as is but lift the rest of the image by 1 or even 2 stops to make that foreground really pop.

Cheers again folks

A really nice set showing off the Skye scenery.
My favs are #4 #5 and #6
I feel however that #4 in particular is a but underexposed for me. I'd leave the sky as is but lift the rest of the image by 1 or even 2 stops to make that foreground really pop.

And that was with a Lee 0.9 soft. I know what you mean but occasionally I like a wee bit of darkness. Raised the ISO to 500 on that to keep the speed around a second. If it was one that I considered printing or doing anything with I might be tempted to lift the foreground slightly but its just a wee bit too generic. Other, better folk than me have done these wee falls better than I. I did put it on Flickr for an hour or two but took it down again as it just doesn't quite get there for me. #5 is likely the only one that'll go on the website when its finally sorted and its certainly going to get printed in the New Year.

I've just had a wee look through your flickr stuff Mark. Some fantastic shots there :clap:

Really good stuff there, cliched or not love them.

I wanted to get over to Skye in April but with only 4 nights I'm just going to concentrate on Glencoe this time around, I will do it one day.

Back