A wet morning at the pond

Pete, I love number 3 and 4. Staggering detail, absolutely wonderful shots.

I think you have to be brave and come out of your comfort zone with macro/close up photography.

I went to a nature reserve on Sunday for banded demoiselles and got stung badly by stinging nettles but I wanted the shots badly . I guess adrenalin kicked in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Thanks Mark for the comments really appreciated :)
I know exactly what you mean about nettles am always going home with tingling legs from nettles
I bought a pair of work trousers from a builders merchants they are made of heavy material and tried them last time and I didn't get stung they have got lots of handy zip pockets too

Nettles! Pah!

Keeping still while a horsefly digs its considerable incisors into your hand as an over friendly bull terrier nuzzles your unmentionables; that's commitment. :)

I'm half joking, but wet, covered in mud, bites and stings is a damn good day out doing macro. I love it. :D
Yes know what you mean sometimes I have to change before I get back in the car because I'm so muddy from laying on the ground photographing a dragonfly:D
I go out as much as I can even when it's raining just to see if I can find any insects, on my previous three trips I failed but this time made up for it

Yes, that happens sometimes. They are the ninja assassins of the insect world.

Sorry Pete for taking your thread off topic.
No worries Simon :)
Where I go for the demoiselles is alive with mozzies I spray up with stuff but they still find their way in somewhere
Last time the little buggers were going in my ear
Horseflies are aggressive little sods there's lots at whixall moss even if you swat at them they come straight back

Last edited:
No worries Simon :)
Where I go for the demoiselles is alive with mozzies I spray up with stuff but they still find their way in somewhere
Last time the little buggers were going in my ear
Horseflies are aggressive little sods there's lots at whixall moss even if you swat at them they come straight back

Back