Aaaages since I put up some photo's

Name
Susane
Edit My Images
Yes
I think I've lost the plot or my mojo. :shrug:
I have taken pic's but nothing that I'm particularly happy with, I keep thinking my camera's on the blink but suspect it's just me.:LOL:

Sooo... Lilies for your consideration.

1, Had a go at a contrasting background, I don't like it.:puke:

DSCF3712ac.jpg

2, A little better, using soft light.

DSCF3733bc.jpg

3, Slightly backlit, I think I prefer this one but I know I can do better.
I also think I'm going to take the plunge into Raw too.

DSCF3718af2.jpg

Susane
If this is what happens when you lose your Mojo then I would throw it away! :LOL:

No 3 is absolutly beautiful, I love it :love:

Agree with you on number one, dont like the background but the Lily is beautifully sharp.

I would be proud of any of these (y)

Thank you peeps!
I'm glad you agree with my order of preference too, at least I got that right. :)
We are our own worst enemies when it comes to self criticism, I should put more up for others to do it. :D

Yep, another vote for the second two here, though I think #1 could be saved by doing same shot again but with much shallower dof so the blue is much more blurry and maybe a tighter crop, I dont think all is lost with that idea susane, just needs....'tweaking' :D

Agree with all the above - a good set, which would look great with a little tweak or two. The blue background is a good contrast with the lily but the first thing I saw was the corner joint/seam - so a blurred background is definitely in order there.

Pretty good shots all round -I reckon! You must be using your spare mojo!

3rd from the 1st section is my fave but the new improved one is ace!!!

Well DS, if you like my quick and dirty manipulation I'll have to do it more often.;)
It would be better taking my time to finish the manipulations though don't you think. ;)
:LOL:

:agree: with John there too Susane ... (y) ... some lovely shots but it raises a question ... :thinking: ... can you now send me your mojo as it is clear you do not need it any longer and mine has been away since last Summer ... :shrug:

:p

... can you now send me your mojo as it is clear you do not need it any longer and mine has been away since last Summer ... :shrug:

:p

You are too kind Ven :love: I must have taken at least 30 shots to get 2 that I can live with, when it comes to flowers I can do better than that.
I'm pretty good at frogs too, no green ones here though.:(
It's all the other subjects that I'm struggling with, especially landscapes, I did get a polarizer recently so that may motivate me to try harder.

No 3 for me too & welcome back. Saw my first Primrose of the year this evening when I was rescuing some frogs spawn.

No 3 for me too & welcome back. Saw my first Primrose of the year this evening when I was rescuing some frogs spawn.

Oooo! Frog spawn, wish you lived nearer, I'd give it a good home Sawman.

I dont normally comment on flower pics, but 2 and 3 are stunning :)

I'm honoured that you've done so then Ian.

Thank you all.:love:

Back