abandoned bride

Edit My Images
No
:dizzy:

:confused:
:cool:
ed79fa85.jpg

:whistle2:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ****, no wonder she was abandoned. Im afraid George bush in drag doesnt do anything for me, sorry :(

barrymoir said:
OH FOR THE LOVE OF ****, no wonder she was abandoned. Im afraid George bush in drag doesnt do anything for me, sorry :(
PMSL :laugh1:

edit: ah, it's in critique. Really not sure what to say, it's not entirely the most flattering portrait but that's obviously not what you were going for

A poster of few words :)

Not sure if it really stands up as a photo for critique. It could be argued it is art and art for a particular taste at that. It looks like a collage of cut up pictures with some added PS effects. Does nothing for me but then what do I know about art :)

I'll some of whatever you are smoking ;).....very surreal shot

I've seen three of your 'shots' so far... sorry but I just don't get it (or the others) at all. Can't for the life of me figure out what you're trying to achieve.

Please explain/enlighten me.

Are you trying to work on a technique which you can call all your own? This in itself is not bad. The problem is who is your audience? If it is the people in the shots I doubt they would be happy with them.

If this is a technique you hope to use for making caricatures of famous people then perhaps I can see an end game, otherwise I am with GfK and cannot understand the attraction to this type of treatment.

Soz.

These are great - keep 'em coming mate. I mean I wouldn't hang them in my living room, but hey, it's all good fun...

I'm very much a person who thinks each to his own providing it harms no one else. I personally do not like it although there must be some skill in producing this.

IMO - the bottom line is that this is a forum for photographs and as a photograph that just doesn't cut it, nor as a manipulated photograph. I'm sure there must be forums for graphic art where, no doubt, it would receive relevant and appropriate critique. So automaton2 - lets see some photographs, maybe the originals that this was made from then I might see where you're coming from.

regards

...plus some words about what you are trying to achieve. :)

stepheno said:
I'm very much a person who thinks each to his own providing it harms no one else. I personally do not like it although there must be some skill in producing this.

IMO - the bottom line is that this is a forum for photographs and as a photograph that just doesn't cut it, nor as a manipulated photograph. I'm sure there must be forums for graphic art where, no doubt, it would receive relevant and appropriate critique. So automaton2 - lets see some photographs, maybe the originals that this was made from then I might see where you're coming from.

regards

I think that's well out of order - any image that has a photographic basis is valid here.
What difference is there in this compared to manipulating landscapes to make the skies more dramatic, for instance - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there's no place for it here.

Personally I don't like the style - I find it overworked and obtrusive, but I can appreciate the effort that's gone into them and welcome the man's willingness to share with us.

Just because we dont like or understand what someone else is doing, doesn't mean we should discount it or trivialise it. I can appreciate the work which has gone into this and the poster's other pics, even if it's not really my bag.

If the poster accompanied his stuff with a few words of explanation, rather than a few smilies it would probably help though. If he really wants serious feedback then he needs to explain a little more about his work. :)

Arkady said:
I think that's well out of order - any image that has a photographic basis is valid here.
What difference is there in this compared to manipulating landscapes to make the skies more dramatic, for instance - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there's no place for it here.

Personally I don't like the style - I find it overworked and obtrusive, but I can appreciate the effort that's gone into them and welcome the man's willingness to share with us.
I have not used the term "out of order" - in fact I think that Automaton2 and his image are in order, I was merely posing questions. I do not think I was being offensive to Automaton2 but, this forum is Photo Critique and I was only offering my humble opinions on his image. I have not suggested that there is no place for it here - just that, for example, our Photo Manipulation forum might give a more positive and appropriate response.

Have you just pranged the car or something Arkady? You seem a bit touchy this afternoon ;)

regards

hmmmnn

very interesting image there. some pretty impressive photoshop work on it.

again not a massive fan of it, but i think interesting is the word of the day for it. looking at it for longer seems to reveal a duplicate of the face on the left of the imgae giving it a ghostly feel. it has certainly kept me looking for longer than many images do!

stepheno said:
I have not used the term "out of order" - in fact I think that Automaton2 and his image are in order, I was merely posing questions. I do not think I was being offensive to Automaton2 but, this forum is Photo Critique and I was only offering my humble opinions on his image. I have not suggested that there is no place for it here - just that, for example, our Photo Manipulation forum might give a more positive and appropriate response.

Have you just pranged the car or something Arkady? You seem a bit touchy this afternoon ;)

regards

Not at all - but it does seem that you were suggesting that his images would be better recieved 'elsewhere' - if that's not saying they're not appropriate for this forum, then what is.

I feel very, very strongly that anything that smacks of censorship of images for any reason other than pure and outright offensiveness (and even then there has to be debate on the issue) is contentious in the extreme and we should be very wary of going down that road.

No Big Strops guys - we've already lost one member today.

Have a Hug on me.:thumb:

Nema problema, Arkady. It's probably just down to the fact I don't understand the image :doh: No offence meant to anybody, most of all a new member :embarasse

regards

I hope i didnt sound out of order too, art is art, but we all are different.

But jeez is she ugly man.

I think anything that pushes the boundaries of what's 'expected' can only be a good thing.

oh im not sure on that one pal. I watched a think the other night called the human canvass, well i didnt watch it, i tried, people cuttting themselves and catwalking, and calling it art. I think sometimes interpretations can be taken too far, although not in this case, this is Just art.

There are some things that push the boundaries too far.

Damien Hurst and his 'products' being one, and Tracy wotsit who just couldn't be bothered tidying up ;)

However, things like this shot, IMO are good. I can appreciate the work that has gone into it, and even though it's not my cup of tea, it certainly has a place here in the critique forum.

I can understand where you're coming from stepheno, and the point you're making, but I can see how it might be misconstrued as to come across as you saying that it has no place here.
I think it's just a miscommunication there :)

That aside, I think it has a place in any forum. This is a photography forum, and it *is* based on a photograph, just like KenCo's heavily processed shots. They both have a place here aside any 'out of the camera' photographs.
Saying that though, even though we are a Photography Forum, even a little bit of art isn't out of the question I wouldn't have thought (that's my personal opinion, not necessarily one of TPF/Forum policy).

As for Arkady, don't take him up on that hug, he's too rough, I warn you.

Sorry your Honour, but I object to the phrase "KenCo's heavily processed shots" although there is a lot of tuning still to do, I only have 3 steps in CS2 were as a few people on here do a lot more work in processing compared to me, with dodging, burning, cloning and masking etc, etc.

Shut it you - you've been told! Now back in yer Box... :woot:

KenCo1964 said:
Sorry your Honour, but I object to the phrase "KenCo's heavily processed shots" although there is a lot of tuning still to do, I only have 3 steps in CS2 were as a few people on here do a lot more work in processing compared to me, with dodging, burning, cloning and masking etc, etc.

I wish I could get my photos to a finished stage with just three steps in Photoshop, boy do I!!!

What is art ? to me its an image or object that provokes more thought than the information given in the scene or display.

The image above tells me one thing, or produces one message "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"

Although not to my tastes, I would be interested to hear the message you (automaton2) are trying to put across.

This kinda goes back to the long arguement between film and digital users, where my opinion has always been that it not matters how an image is produced, be it a digital render, or lab tweeked film, what matters to me is the final image.

Steve said:
I wish I could get my photos to a finished stage with just three steps in Photoshop, boy do I!!!
Well there you have it.....so why is it that mine are classed as heavily processed.
Curves, shadow/highlight and resize....sometimes selective colour, and if you'd like to count the border!

I never said yours were heavily processed and what does Marcel know :whistle2:

Sorry mate, I didn't mean that offensively :) I meant it as purely a descriptive term.

Please accept my apologies :)

These photo`s of Automaton2 are excellent. and stand out in a manner that puts the usual landscape/animal pics posted here to shame.

Well whatever you think of the image, the thread has certainly been interesting.

As for the photo, I hate it.... enough that I've gone back to look several times.

Now hopefully no-one will get upset by that, it's not meant as a bad thing. As a work of art, it has evoked one of the stronger emotions and that should be a good thing in my book. I can see that alot of work and vision has gone into it's creation by automaton2 and I know that I couldn't have made anything like it.

So, I'll look forward to seeing another and see how that makes me feel. :)

It is really really creapy though, don't you think?

dazzajl said:
So, I'll look forward to seeing another and see how that makes me feel. :)

It is really really creapy though, don't you think?

I have to abmit it has become quite a talking point ;)

thanks

unusual amount of replies

yes i process a lot

im trying to get it down to under 300 steps

ha

Pushing the boundries(y) These will probably be selling for thousands of pounds in top art galleries before too long.

yeah, same here... i wanna see them :D

yes likewise, where has it gone ???

Back