Abandoned Hospital, Leeds.

jST

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
A little place I'd been meaning to have a look at for a while, a really nice aesthetic level of decay combined with no vandalism made it a winner in my book.

Ward.

2 / 3

Doorways

5 / 6

Great set. I've been wanting to shoot some abandoned places and buildings for a while and every one of your posts makes me want to do it even more. :)

Cheers, you should go for it - I love nothing more than wandering through abandonments, not knowing what's round the corner.

Almost looks like Half Life 2 lol.

How do you find these places?

Good shots, Joe. Esp. like those where there are open doors with light spilling through. That has been caught rather well.
Never done that sort of photography, but it sure has a fascination.

Some great shots indeed, very understated, classic urbex in my view

great stuff, love a good urban decay set :)

These are amazing jST, I have wanted to do something similar in the past myself, how did you go about getting in? Did you need special permission or did you have to shall we say, force your way in?

I usually find for urban exploration and derelicts it tends to be a bit of....persuasive entry

Been a while since I've done any urbex.
Nice set of the hospital and not every day you stumble across an abandoned Harrier!

Those cages on chains - aren't they for storing your possessions in whilst at work in the German mines or something like that?

Also - nice photostream on Flickr - just added as a contact:)

Last edited:
These are fantastic, what lens(es) did you use?

Thanks Niall. 17-40L and a 50L for the hospital ones. The others were either 50L, 24-70L or 85L.

Been a while since I've done any urbex.
Nice set of the hospital and not every day you stumble across an abandoned Harrier!

Those cages on chains - aren't they for storing your possessions in whilst at work in the German mines or something like that?

Also - nice photostream on Flickr - just added as a contact:)

Thanks Jules, you're right about the cages. They're called Kaue and I've been to a few different ones in the Ruhr, all with slightly different cages or arrangements.

Great set.

But my overriding thought is how the hell are those radiators STILL there.:woot:

Back