Abbey Brook

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I just thought I would share a shot I took last night while out on a wander. I'd heard about this area from another walker while out another day so I thought I would give it a go, a nice little walk and literally about 10 minutes from my front door. I'm not normally a landscape sort of guy so this is out of the ordinary for me but these are a couple that I was reasonably happy with and quite frankly I quite enjoyed the experience so I think I'll pursue gaining some more skills in landscape :) Any thoughts are welcome, for those that don't like the milky water my apologies :D

The Brook by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

The Brook by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Evening Andy,

For me, they're both busy images with no real focal point (I'm viewing on my phone so appreciate it's not the best way).

I think the second is the better of the two because the B&W conversion means the viewer concentrates on the shape of the boughs of the trees forming that 'Y' (at least I do). The second also had a nice lead-in line from the bottom left where the bough is shown in the reflection.

James

Thanks for the comments James, they really are welcome so thank you for taking the time :)

I think I perhaps need to train my eye a little more, at the moment it feels like I see a shot but can’t quite frame it up. I’m definitely used to shooting obvious subjects coming from a people background, so completely take on board the comment about a lack of focal point; I think what drew me to the first one was the sweeping water through the frame but I agree it isn’t enough on its own. This area is really close to home so perhaps I need some more visits, I hopefully have a new tripod arriving in the next few days so I’ve got all the excuse to go out too :)

Back