Aberdeen Breakwater Sunrise (another shot added)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Haven't been active on here for a while, always still been taking photos but the past few months I have really gotten back into it again.

Dragged myself out of bed at 0430am last weekend and headed to Aberdeen Harbour for the sunrise. There was low cloud so the light didn't spread too far but it was still great being there at that time and seeing the landscape change in front of my eyes.

Here is one of the shots I came away with.

Aberdeen Breakwater Sunrise by chrisgrieve, on Flickr

Hi Chris, hat off to heading out at that hour!, liking the composition, just does not sing sunrise ? could have been taken at any time during the day, so maybe a revist to capture those beautiful colours and shadows a sunrise has to offer ?

Hi Chris, hat off to heading out at that hour!, liking the composition, just does not sing sunrise ? could have been taken at any time during the day, so maybe a revist to capture those beautiful colours and shadows a sunrise has to offer ?
Thanks Kevin, I know what you mean about the look of a sunrise. I have another shot when the sun came above the low cloud which shows a more sunrise feel. I will get it loaded up and post. Yes it was hard to get out of my warm bed at that time in the morning but once i was there i was glad i had.

Hi again, here is another shot from that same morning, almost identical composition but just a few minutes after the first one. So the light had made it above the clouds and spilled onto the rocks.

Aberdeen Breakwater Sunrise (2) by chrisgrieve, on Flickr

Lovely warm glow in the second, much prefer that to number 1, although that is good also. I wouldn't be tempted at all to de-saturate #2 :)

Back