Ace Aspire One A150 - £150

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Ebuyer announced £100 off these today:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/146879

Acer Aspire One A150 Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD,8.9" 1024x600 display. Integrated card reader.

Great deal. I think I'm going to get one to backup my cards when on the move.

The ones that Tesco were doing a while back for the same price were boxed as 120gb but have 160gb hdds, so with a bit of luck those'll be the same (y)

Very easy to remove Linux and install XP, would vista run on an atom processor?

Windows 7 would go nicley with that

hmmm, I've got a copy of Windows 7 RC1 that would look good on it :)

These looks quite nice beasties - how useable are they in reality?

These looks quite nice beasties - how useable are they in reality?

I've heard they are very good.

Biggest downside is battery life - it's about 2.5 hours. Thought you can upgrade the battery, but 2.5 hours is plenty for me.

Apparently run WinXP very nicely indeed, and have read people running Windows 7 on there too.

my girlfriend will be ordering one of these tonight i think haha. i wish i had the money for one, would be well handy!

Mine's on my desk, just got to figure out how to put windows 7 on it now :D

//edit//

Windows 7 now installed :D

Last edited:
Mine's on my desk, just got to figure out how to put windows 7 on it now :D

//edit//

Windows 7 now installed :D

I'm trying to install Ubuntu now (it comes with a Fedora variant), but am having technical issues, but working on it.

Hardware wise I'm impressed and happy with it so far from a quick play!

To confirm to people - the multicard reader doesn't take CF cards.

Still quite tempted by one.. but it doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves from Ebuyer and also the same price at at Expansys (and was this at Asda as well a while back for £150 too)

So not sure if this is really a bargain per se, just the sort of usual selling price?

Still quite tempted by one.. but it doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves from Ebuyer and also the same price at at Expansys (and was this at Asda as well a while back for £150 too)

So not sure if this is really a bargain per se, just the sort of usual selling price?

I heard Expansys were having stock problems, and they charge £6 delivery whereas Ebuyer is free. The Asda offer was same price but less RAM (512mb).

the asda one came with a 1gb i think, and the 160gb hard drive. i think asda got them cheap from woolworths or something.

if you want a little laptop, that runs xp fine and will fit in a small bag this is a brilliant piece of kit. £10 for some extra ram if need be. the battery is dire, but adequate for small usage. no disk drive if that makes a difference.

i got mine sitting on the desk here, and when i opened it up to upgrade to 1.5gb ram. i had to take a 512mb chip out, and the hard drive was a 160gb.(y)

they listed the spec as low, or didnt know it had been upgraded. if you have a look, there was a thread about it at the time and a fair few people said they got a better spec than listed. dont know if it is the same thing now though

Last edited:
if you got a disk and an external disk drive, easy. if not transfer to a usb stick and no probs either

mine runs the canon software. one bit doesnt work because it needs more than 600pxls high but cant remember which, if needed switch it to use 1024x768 and it will work. i can run word fine and excel. and corel pspx2 works fine albeit a little slow when compared to bigger comps.

my girlfriends should be with her this morning, and i'm off round there this evening to help her sort it out

Now no longer available...

DB

wow, my girlfriend turned hers on and she started using it with linux and loves it and she's been with windows all her life and knows nothing about computers. bizarre

Just received a 1Gb memory module from 7dayshop - £9.99 inc delivery :D

Now to pop the bonnet & fit it :(

Back