Achtung Spitfire......

Absolutely cracking images ... 1st is a real wall-hanger, 2nd just a bit tight to the left :clap:

D'oh - forgot to crop before I saved and uploaded, that'll teach me to not zoom out when I've finished editing. Anyway - corrected, and thank you for your comments :)

I wish I could work out how white balance works :(

On a good day your editing software has an eye dropper in the white balance section, you click on a section you know should be white- like the ring on the RAF logo- and Robert is your mother's brother. That should give you the 'correct' white balance most of the time.

On a good day your editing software has an eye dropper in the white balance section, you click on a section you know should be white- like the ring on the RAF logo- and Robert is your mother's brother. That should give you the 'correct' white balance most of the time.

Thanks for your comments. The trouble is that generally anything white gets blown when trying to match the exposure to the aircraft - which is usually dark! Any white bits which aren't blown give a lot of variation - here's an example taken from yesterday where I've tried to mark the spots used with the eye dropper, as you can see you get a lot of variation across even a small area.

Now I generally use the eye dropper as a starting point then tweak until it looks about right to me, but as my first two shots show consecutive images next to each other stand out. One day I'll get to grips with custom setting - I bought a grey lens cloth for that very reason!

Good shots, was also at the show though outside the airfield. It was a real shame the two Spits didn't do more of a display as what they did was superb.

Shuttleworth didn't pay for the BBMF to attend so whatever they get is a bonus, and it's generally agreed that it's fly throughs and tailchases. Why on earth would you want to be outside the field at Old Warden, one of the few events where the light and the subjects just work for inside?

Fantastic images.:clap:

Shuttleworth didn't pay for the BBMF to attend so whatever they get is a bonus, and it's generally agreed that it's fly throughs and tailchases. Why on earth would you want to be outside the field at Old Warden, one of the few events where the light and the subjects just work for inside?

Agree. Its a cracking day out. Love the first one, one of the best I have seen.

Back