Adobe cs6 has stopped working

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No

For over 3 years I've had cs6 on this computer. Never a problem. Then yesterday I got this,

I'm not fantastic on computers but I have searched the internet and can not find a fix. May someone here might know what I can do.

Someone I knew that lived near me put it on for me. I do not have the original disk for it.

Dell all in one pc.
Windows 8.1
737gb free space

You can download the installation files here but that assumes you have a valid licence.....

That just looks like a generic program error.

Is this the first time you've seen this?

If so try turning it off & on again (yes seriously).

You'll have the original installation media I expect so uninstall the program and re-install.

Otherwise go for the Adobe CC monthly rental.

I have had the problem for a few days now and restarted many times.

Just tried resetting the preferences file. No joy.

There was an error log file inside the settings file though. This is what it says in there over and over,

\..\sources\UImageStatistics.cpp : 5636 : REQUIRE failed

After days of my eyes bleeding I think (fingers crossed) I have solved it.

If anyone else ever has the problem...

Hold down SHIFT while you launch photoshop
This overrides the preference files and launches Audition using the default settings.

Then I went in to plug-ins and put them on a folder on desktop. One by one I put them back in, restated photoshop until I found the faulty one :)

I'd expect that as you have pirated software steps have been made to stop contacting Adobe servers to stop the software deactivating. So you're probably missing out on patches (rightly so) and stuff may break from time to time.

Or you could just cough up for the £8-9/month cc photography package costs.

Back