Adox Silvermax

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone tried the new Adox Silvermax?

I have some on its way to me from Germany together with the Silvermax developer to try, I wondered if anyone else has tried this film.

I didnt know it had come out yet, would like to try it though

After looking at the first guys photos, it doesnt strike me as being much different to any other slow-medium speed films, it seems to be quite a flat film from looking at those images however.

Would like to see some images taken in more demanding/interesting situations (street photography bores me to tears) and also using other developers like Rodinal or D-76

I stumbled across it when searching for some CHS 100. I ordered it from www.fotoimpex.de. Only available in 35mm, which is a shame.

It's not a bad price 2.90 euro if buying 10 rolls (plus 19 % Vat and 12 euro delivery). I bought other bits and pieces at the same time so the delivery charge didn't seem too bad.

Typical Gernam efficiency, I ordered late last night and had an email at 08.17 today informing me my order had been processed and was being sent for posting today.

Looks very grainy in those samples, but can't say whether that's the film or the digital conversion's fault. Looks to have very nice tones, similar to APX100.

I've been reading about this launch in Photokina News. I would be interested in what you think? The fact that it is suitable for reversal is interesting, but the 180min, 10-bath process involving a secondary exposure (quote Adox) means dedication! But, if it keeps film alive 'go for it!'.

I've been reading about this launch in Photokina News. I would be interested in what you think? The fact that it is suitable for reversal is interesting, but the 180min, 10-bath process involving a secondary exposure (quote Adox) means dedication! But, if it keeps film alive 'go for it!'.

You don't need to go through all that for reversal processing, it's much simpler than that

Simonx said:
Go on, Rob, tell us how you'd do it then?

Not sure I like the tone of that.

When I'm on my pc I will dig up a link for the ilford data sheet on reversal processing

According to the ilford method

1) First Development (however long your film takes)
2) Bleach (5 mins)
3) Clearing bath to remove bleach stains (2 mins)
4) Second exposure - some methods combine this with the second development (1 min per side)
5) Second development (6 mins)
6) Fix (5 mins)

Back