Advice for Wedding shoot.....kinda.

Edit My Images
Yes
Long story short, my friend got married abroad, now he is back and having a party for the people who couldnt go, and they are getting all dressed up again.

He wants some picture of all the family member etc and some 'normal wedding style shots'.

I am using 2 Canon 50Ds, 17-55 2.8 IS for most shots with a mix of tele lens and also UWA.

I am after any tips on arranging people for the pictures or any tips at all will be appreciated.

Many thanks!

google wedding photo plan and you will find loads of pdf's to help you with who to get and what order the guests and family should be in.

My advise, put the cameras down, chat a girl up and go get drunk. Much better option :)

This isnt an email service, if you have something to say, what with you being a new member and all, you can post it in thread...

Oh, ok sorry was just trying to contact Robbo but my PM's dont seem to be working.

Well Dont. There is no reason, unless you're attempting to trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
This isnt an email service, if you have something to say, what with you being a new member and all, you can post it in thread...

Oh, ok sorry was just trying to contact Robbo but my PM's dont seem to be working.

Well Dont. There is no reason, unless you're attempting to trade?

What's that mean?

A group shot of all friends with the Bride & Groom goes down well as a first shot so they aren't standing around waiting and don't go off for drinks etc...

In terms of family group shots Bride & Groom central and bring in family members building up the group ie with parents, bring in brothers and sisters (and there partners/children), add Uncles and Aunts. Once they're done do some Bride and Groom shots alone. Some shots with Grandparents alone is nice too

This normally works best for me

My personal preference for group shots is not to spend too much time fussing over the "arrangement" as people tend to start getting grumpy about it :LOL:

If you've got the B&G in the middle and their respective friends/family on the right side of the shot get clicking :LOL:

Obviously some B&Gs might be a little more prescious over this ;)

we have adopted the last in first out routine for group shots, it works very well IMO..

get the biggest group shot photo done then keep booting people out until you only have the B&G left, we have found it takes less time and people can start heading off for drinkies/reception and most be there before the B&G so they can 3 cheer them in..

strumstrum said:
we have adopted the last in first out routine for group shots, it works very well IMO..

get the biggest group shot photo done then keep booting people out until you only have the B&G left, we have found it takes less time and people can start heading off for drinkies/reception and most be there before the B&G so they can 3 cheer them in..

Exactly what we do.

Back