Advice needed on cleaning my Sensor

Name
Trevor Mc Grath
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having trouble cleaning my 5D Mk111 Sensor, after giving it a wet clean there's still dirt and steaks. From a attached image can you give your on how bad it looks and will it be hard to properly clean???

I've decided to bring it to my camera shop

15595-1465214776-feade31ea0c9329d05d298b95e92377f.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming it's not scratched it should be pretty easy to clean. This is another reason that I prefer to dry clean mine. Do you not have any more swabs you can use first before taking it in?

Assuming it's not scratched it should be pretty easy to clean. This is another reason that I prefer to dry clean mine. Do you not have any more swabs you can use first before taking it in?

Thanks for the reply snerkler,
Looking at the image full size it doesn't look scratched and yeah I'm out of swabs. After failing to clean it after two goes and leaving the streaks I'm now nervous I'll only make it worse

Thanks for the reply snerkler,
Looking at the image full size it doesn't look scratched and yeah I'm out of swabs. After failing to clean it after two goes and leaving the streaks I'm now nervous I'll only make it worse
If you're worried about it it's not worth the 'stress' imo and in which case better off taking it in for cleaning. Cleaning sensors isn't as scary as people think though, and sensors are actually relatively quite robust. That being said if you do scratch them it's a costly repair :( The 'trick' is to find the method that works best for you. My sensor needs cleaning several times/year and so it'd just get too expensive to take it in every time, plus I can't bear to be without a camera ;)

Thanks very much I'm the same just can't do without

Back