AF or AFS

Just seen this. Why won't it work on a D7000?

Item: Tamron SP B005 17-50 mm f/2.8 AF Di-II LD XR Aspherical IF Lens Nikon

Please note, this lens is not compatible with the NIKON D7000

I wouldn't believe that Amazon link, for one it says the lens is a f/3.5-5.6 lens! D7000 have a built in motor for AF only lenses so it'll work.

Where does it say that?

It's the compatibility widget, it gives a 'No! This won't work with the Nikon D7000' message when you input the D7000 but that is completely wrong, as pointed out further down the page in the customer Q&A's.

Bid for a 17-50 Tamron at the weekend. Unfortunately it was bought by someone who seemed to buy nothing but photographic sttuff for £144

This morning, I looked on their site. Lo and behold a 17-50. They didn't have one last week. I had asked them to email me when they get one in.

Price - £214

Hmmm.....

Thanks for that. Amazing though, no lens on Friday - they have one on Monday. Wish if I could find out if they buy stuff on ebay and then add 50%!

I wouldn't worry about Panamoz, I got my D610 from them and it was a very smooth transaction, delivered from HK to UK in 4-5 days.

That thread is 4 years old, grey importers have moved on massively in terms of customer service since then - LOADS of people on here have used them with no problems.

Back