#4 Garden Orb
5730269284_37d34ce9fb_b.jpg

#5 Jumping Spider
5730272746_dc5620cc48_b.jpg

The Garden Orb is fantastic!

How do you id these little critters?

'Collins' insect book ;)

Love them, especially number 4
Been wanting to go out and get some of these shots for a while, wondering if you can help:: what lens man? and some info about the shots?

Cheers matey. (y)

All were taken with a Tamron 90mm f2.8 with a full set of extension tubes. Light source is an off camera (Diffused) Jessops 360AFD Flash. All shot around aperture f10-f13 with a shutter speed of around 1/200-1/250.

Love the colours in number 1, and number 3 is cracking! The velvet mite looks tiny! Did you know it was there or was it a bonus when peering through the viewfinder?!

Nice set Chris- I think I'll come up and stay with my brother ( he lives in Stafford) if I can get such a variety of shots

Les (y)

Love the colours in number 1, and number 3 is cracking! The velvet mite looks tiny! Did you know it was there or was it a bonus when peering through the viewfinder?!

Cheers Andrew (y) I actually saw it before looking through the viewfinder. 2 for the price of 1!

Nice set Chris- I think I'll come up and stay with my brother ( he lives in Stafford) if I can get such a variety of shots

Les (y)

Cheers Les (y)

It was a strange day yesterday. I dont think ive ever found so many different species, in one place :shrug:. I wish every day was like that! :)

Cheers Andrew (y) I actually saw it before looking through the viewfinder. 2 for the price of 1!

Cheers Les (y)

It was a strange day yesterday. I dont think ive ever found so many different species, in one place :shrug:. I wish every day was like that! :)

It would be nice- Im scheduled for some work over the Somerset Levels again today- So a massive Bug Hunt is on, post results ( iof any) later on this afternoon

Les (y)

Back