Afghanistan Op Herrick 6 2007

Nice shots of Sangin: spent a few hairy nights there in 2006 with 3Para and again last year with the Rifles - slipper-city now compared to Herrick 6 though. Preferred it back then: no bathing allowed in the river now, which sucks...
FOB Price (AKA FOB Nice, though back then we were calling it just Goreskh) is now HQ for DanBat and is swarming with uber-fit Danish chicks wearing skin-tight uder-Armour t-shirts and no bras...because they can...

I lasted three days there and had to leave...

I know what you mean about the change in Terry's tactics - no IEDs in 2006, just proper gunfights - every patrol we went out on had a decent contact, unlike last year when we only got sniped at a few times by blokes riding 2-up on a scooter: 30 rounds on full-auto and they were off. Just doing enough to collect their $10 a day pocket money.
Still have to react though...it gets boring after a while.

That was the only morale we had the river, when you mention that no Bathing :bang:

DSCF0182-1_edited.jpg

In this Photo Paul Allen

DSCF0096_edited.jpg

Rope on the engineer bridge

DSCF0100_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and thanks for the thread. Keep it coming.

What no Danish women? Really?

Al

Some great photos in the thread :)

Is it odd that whenever I see these photos I get uber jealous? Always had a craving to do this type of photography :(

Some great photos in the thread :)

Is it odd that whenever I see these photos I get uber jealous? Always had a craving to do this type of photography :(

Go, sign up then.......... :shrug:

Take the Queen's shilling and take the chance.......

Welcome and thanks for the thread. Keep it coming.

What no Danish women? Really?

Al

If you really want a treat Google 'Women IDF'.

There's a whole sub culture that revolves around the girls in the Israeli DF! :D

Btw Arkady, did your former Col in Chief know that you were taking sneaky pics of her daughter?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply fellow TP members, i have hundreds of photos from my time in Afgan 2007/2010 two Herrick tours, shall post some every now and then.(y)

Great work, pic 6 is a winner - huge kudos for you guys also, you should be proud with what you are doing for this country. We salute you brother - thoughts are with you

Go, sign up then.......... :shrug:

Take the Queen's shilling and take the chance.......

Too old now. I am 30 in June, although I can join the Logistics corp until I am 25 you need to be a certain rank before you can apply to be a tog, that can take 6 years and then you still need another 9 years left on your contract. Plus, it receives 100's of applicants every year for a handful of places.

At least that's what I've been told by a recruitment officer.

Other option is RAF tog but I think they have little to do with front line action and not sure about my age. :(

Too old now. I am 30 in June, although I can join the Logistics corp until I am 25 you need to be a certain rank before you can apply to be a tog, that can take 6 years and then you still need another 9 years left on your contract. Plus, it receives 100's of applicants every year for a handful of places.

At least that's what I've been told by a recruitment officer.

Other option is RAF tog but I think they have little to do with front line action and not sure about my age. :(

You still can that Recruitment officer it appears has got it wrong, iam posted now for 2 years, and have just done my recruiters course, the cut off age for the British Army is 33 and that is the infantry too,as long as you are fit there is nothing stopping you and a couple of other issues which cant discuss here?

Back