AGFA VISTA 400 @ Poundland

Good plan Paul, I'll take some off your hands if you find a stock and similarly I'll let you have some if I find any. Also we need to get some for @Asha too. I'd love to know what their marketing strategy is for this film, it might be they are just having fun watching film photographers go from store to store, we must stand really out:eek:

Last edited:
Could you put up a picture/scan of the edge bars (the little bars between the perforations of the negatives) of a couple of the frames? Those will confirm for definite what it really is as they act like the DXn code on the cartridge to allow the film type to be identified when having prints made from the negs. It does look like I remember Superia 400 looking though.
Aye, leave it with me

I checked the Poundland in Bedford and couldn't find any film there (I've never looked in that particular one though so I don't know if they regularly stock it) no matter what area I looked in. They definitly have it in some funny places sometimes though - in one of the Nottingham Poundland's they had it with hardware/DIY stuff!

Does this help ? (By the way the word "Fujifilm" appears on the film wallet, not the film itself.)
IMAG2003.jpg
IMAG2002.jpg

Well I thought of an idea:- instead of traveling 8 miles to the next Poundland (from my nearest) to see if they have 400, I'd phone them....well that don't answer the phone (cost saving in not having an operator ?) :mad:

Well I don't understand as there are a lot of 39s, also I typed in Vista 200 806254 and got 39 as well ?.....Reala 100 ISO 36exp 101364 comes out as DXn 8.

Last edited:
Well I don't understand as there are a lot of 39s, also I typed in Vista 200 806254 and got 39 as well ?

39 is the first part of the code which is assigned to the film manufacturer by the i3a (e.g Fuji has 39, 36 and some others assigned to it; Kodak has 78, 79 etc), its only when you bring both of the number codes together that you get the actual film type. So e.g Vista 200+ is 39 and 1 which corresponds to Fujicolor 200 (what C200 is generically called in other markets). That simulator doesn't have a lot of the recent film types in it as its not been updated since the 2004 i3a list, which is why I'm using my more recent 2009 list to find the film type.

39 is the first part of the code which is assigned to the film manufacturer by the i3a (e.g Fuji has 39, 36 and some others assigned to it; Kodak has 78, 79 etc), its only when you bring both of the number codes together that you get the actual film type. So e.g Vista 200+ is 39 and 1 which corresponds to Fujicolor 200 (what C200 is generically called in other markets). That simulator doesn't have a lot of the recent film types in it as its not been updated since the 2004 i3a list, which is why I'm using my more recent 2009 list to find the film type.

Ah forgot about DXn part 2..I'll have another go. Tried Superia 400 206284 and it checks out as the same as Vista 400

BUT Fuji 400 X-tra 001793 is DXN 12 and 5....so it ain't the same film as ordinary Superia 400. So it could be like the equivalent of c200 compared to Superia 200

http://forum.mflenses.com/fuji-superia-x-tra-400-om10-garden-fair-in-szczecin-t66396.html

Last edited:
Ah forgot about DXn part 2..I'll have another go. Tried Superia 400 206284 and it checks out as the same as Vista 400

BUT Fuji 400 X-tra 001793 is DXN 12 and 5....so it ain't the same film as ordinary Superia 400. So it could be like the equivalent of c200 compared to Superia 200

http://forum.mflenses.com/fuji-superia-x-tra-400-om10-garden-fair-in-szczecin-t66396.html

Brian 001793 corresponds to DXn 11 and 3, which is Kodak Traffic Surveillance film.

400 "X-Tra" (which is 12 and 5) is likely just purely branding, its probably the same film just with a more 'catchy' name, or a slightly newer generation of the same film. Its only fairly recently that I remember them marketing Superia 400 as "X-Tra" and I just checked a the negs from a roll of Superia 400 I shot about 4 years ago, corresponds to 39 and 4 which is the exact same as the Vista 400+ in the negs above.

C200 is nowhere near the quality of any Superia emulsion as its much, much older. Even if the Vista+ 400 is not the latest Superia 400 (marketed as "X-Tra") then at least we know that its at the most only a generation or so older, and as so very likely better than the 200.

Well I am just keen to get hold of some, no reply as yet from Poundland HQ, none in any of the 4 Norwich stores!

film, cheap film if you need to get technical :D

I'll pop back into the Chelmsford store at the weekend and empty their shelf out, they didnt have much. So if anyone still needs a few rolls i can post them on, cost+jiffy and postage.

does it really matter this much? This is turning into an equipment thread youd usually see in the digi forums :)

Yes it does, as it would be nice to know if Vista 400 is not just a poor man's version of Superia X-tra 400. If Superia 400 has morphed into Superia X-tra 400, then I would use it at special times with Reala ...Ok I haven't tried Portra 400 yet ;)

Last edited:
Brian 001793 corresponds to DXn 11 and 3, which is Kodak Traffic Surveillance film.

400 "X-Tra" (which is 12 and 5) is likely just purely branding, its probably the same film just with a more 'catchy' name, or a slightly newer generation of the same film. Its only fairly recently that I remember them marketing Superia 400 as "X-Tra" and I just checked a the negs from a roll of Superia 400 I shot about 4 years ago, corresponds to 39 and 4 which is the exact same as the Vista 400+ in the negs above.

C200 is nowhere near the quality of any Superia emulsion as its much, much older. Even if the Vista+ 400 is not the latest Superia 400 (marketed as "X-Tra") then at least we know that its at the most only a generation or so older, and as so very likely better than the 200.

I'm outer touch ( well more like can't remember) with many 400 ISO films inc Superia 400 as always use 100 or 200 ISO films, but if this Vista 400 give better results than vista 200 then there is no point buying Vista 200.

Just wanted to confirm there is none in the Greenwich store - quite a few rolls of 200-36 though (rather than just the usual 24s)

ETA: If anyone finds any in the London area please shout :)

Last edited:
does it really matter this much? This is turning into an equipment thread youd usually see in the digi forums :)
I thought I could hear the sound of velcro :LOL:

Just been to check the Newcastle (Eldon Square) Poundland and they only have the 200 (24exp) which I still have a stock of, so I left empty-handed (yes, managed to resist the other 'goodies' in there). Their stock of 200 was dated 04/16 expiry.

Well I have had an e-mail from Poundland HQ, very polite but essentially they have said that I have not provided enough product information for them to be able to respond to my enquiry?

In my enquiry I asked about the availability of Agfa 400 ISO film for 35mm cameras in their stores.

In order to respond to my query the helpful lady said I need to provide the bar code number of the product??? They can then check.

So I wonder can someone who has managed get a hold of some let me have the bar code number. I'll use this to get some information on national availability.

I am starting to wonder though whether the 400 stock is a supply sent in error to Poundland HQ and has ended up in circulations certainly staff in the stores I visited had absolutely no idea.

I'm just back from trying both the Coventry £lands, no luck, although one had a good stock of 36-shot 200s...

Not surprising that she needs a bar code given the stock levels and turnover they're dealing with. If the system offers a name search then I doubt she'll have ever used it and the data would only be as good as whoever keyed it in originally whereas the bar code is static and unique.

The barcode is: 4250255100086. There is plenty of stock in the Liverpool Basnett St store.

The barcode is: 4250255100086. There is plenty of stock in the Liverpool Basnett St store.

Nick, good man! E-mail on its way to Poundland HQ!

I will report back to all soon!

Last edited:
I'm just back from trying both the Coventry £lands, no luck, although one had a good stock of 36-shot 200s...

which one had the 200 in? I'm heading in tomorrow for the motofest and I might pop in.

which one had the 200 in? I'm heading in tomorrow for the motofest and I might pop in.

The small one in Hertford St (off from the Godiva statue area) had a large mix of 36 and 24s, beware some dates are May 2014, although there are plenty of 36s with Dec 2015, and some 24s with 2016 dates. The larger £land in Market Way only had a few; perhaps if you clean them out, they'll restock with 400 stuff? (Didn't think of that until the bus on the way home :( )

ok i just emptied out the chelmsford shelves. They only had 24 rolls of it left though. So if anyone wants some i can do 6 rolls a jiffy and postage for a tenner. Only got 4 batches though, so first come.

ok i just emptied out the chelmsford shelves. They only had 24 rolls of it left though. So if anyone wants some i can do 6 rolls a jiffy and postage for a tenner. Only got 4 batches though, so first come.

is that offer open those of us living outside of the UK too..............if so, i'd like to take 6 rolls please

im off into Huddersfield today as well so will also have a look :)

Back