Aint Luv Grand, its all heart shaped.

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking through a few of the pictures from yesterday, taken when John Starkey and myself had a few hours together shooting. I noticed a heart shape in many pictures, it occured to me that there's a theme here. What do you think of these Great Crested Grebes doing what they do best in Spring.

1) This was chosen as a Explorer picture on Flicker 23 March
5542997536_2e1f3777e9_b.jpg

2)
5542416563_6ef562b9ef_b.jpg

3)
5542996828_526e960cc8_b.jpg

4)
5542996494_a92965e750_b.jpg

5)
5542996234_b3753d2903_b.jpg

Number 4 & 5 are very similar but not the same shot, You can see how the light changed during the day too.

Thanks for looking
C & C Welcome

Last edited:
Nice set Trev, they look good on the golden water. I've been up to my local patch a few times this week but since last weekend I haven't seen them dancing on the water, perhaps they are too cream-crackered as they seem to be mating quite a lot.

Lovely set Trev you big softy :D Love #3 myself with the spray of water droplets flying through the air (y)

Great set Trev, they certainly are putting on some good displays at the moment. Lovely toned shots, I think No4 is the sharpest and my favourate.

Regards: Gordon

I think 3 is by far the sharpest actually, thought I prefer the composition in #5, which unfortunately is unacceptably soft. Never managed personally to get too close to this species, are they heavy crops?

Ahhh they're really pretty colours too. I've not seen those at the reservoir here.

Nice set Trev, they look good on the golden water. I've been up to my local patch a few times this week but since last weekend I haven't seen them dancing on the water, perhaps they are too cream-crackered as they seem to be mating quite a lot.
Cheers, we were hoping to see them dancing but it didnt happen that day, just lots or pairing and snogging :D
No.4 for me, but a very, very good set overall (y)
Thank you
Nice set of shots
Thanks Ken.
Lovely set Trev you big softy :D Love #3 myself with the spray of water droplets flying through the air (y)
Thanks a lot Rich
Great set Trev, they certainly are putting on some good displays at the moment. Lovely toned shots, I think No4 is the sharpest and my favourate.

Regards: Gordon
Cheers Gordon, it is good to see.
I think 3 is by far the sharpest actually, thought I prefer the composition in #5, which unfortunately is unacceptably soft. Never managed personally to get too close to this species, are they heavy crops?
No, they are not big crops at all, we used our best skills to get close. As you can see, these have been selected because of the heart shaped theme. I am aware there is some softness, but if you consider the idea of the theme then I find it acceptable to post these, and also find it unacceptable to be criticised to such a degree when just one picture that is a part of a set that depicts the birds behaviour isnt perfect.
Ahhh they're really pretty colours too. I've not seen those at the reservoir here.
Thanks Tori
Wonderful set of photographs.

Dai
Cheers Dave.
Thanks everyone for your comments, I must say that to see these birds performing like that was a privelidge. I do have more pictures that are much sharper and will be posting these soon, I hope you enjoy them (y)

Back