Edit My Images
Yes
Ladies, Gents,

Please enjoy:

xx184800x5332.jpg

xx184800x5333.jpg

xx184800x5334.jpg

xx184800x5335.jpg

You must all be getting pretty bored of XX184 by now but, for those of you who aren't aware of the significance of this aircraft please read on.

19 (F) Sqn have the honour of being the first RAF Squadron to be equipped with the Spitfire. To mark the 70th anniversary of this occasion, a 19 Sqn Hawk aircraft has been painted up in the colours of the original Spitfire. At the end of this years season, the aircraft will be returned to its black training livery and this unique aircraft will never be seen again.

History lesson over, now for the plug!

Calendar.jpg

The above image is taken from the 2009 19 Sqn Charity Calendar. The Calendar has been produced by a keen photographer name Richard Bland, using photos that he has taken and a couple of mine from the same sortie as the images above were taken. Ricko was fortunate enough to be involved in a special sortie where XX184 was flown with aircraft of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. The resulting images are truly unique.

Why am I telling you this?
The Squadron Charity in the Special Care Baby Unit at Bangor hospital. All proceeds from sales of the calendar go to this Charity. The calendars cost £10 each plus p+p and would make an excellent Christmas present to any aviation enthusiast. If you are interested in purchasing a Calendar, please PM and I’ll give you a contact address for 19 Sqn.

Now for the apology. I have not been a member of TP for long enough to post in the Sales Forum, this seemed like the logical place to post this.
Even if you don’t want a calendar, please enjoy the photos. I will post more of them (I took just under 1300 images on that sortie) if people want to see them.
Regards,

Cheesy

Last edited:
Cracking photo's! I for one don't mind the plug. Can't get enough of your shots Well done.

Kev.

Bearing in mind the recent and numerous threads from the loop etc, thats a bloody high hill your up!

Great pics for a great cause... nice.

Yeah, its a little known fact that some of those hills extend up to 15,000'!:)

It is a great cause and I'm chuffed to report that within 2 hours of posting this thread I've had 2 requests for info. There will be cheque presented to the Special Care Baby Unit in December, for those who contribute I'll post some images of the presentation.

Until then - KEEP BUYING! (Please)

Cheesy

Hi Cheesy.

Great pictures mate, keep em coming :woot:

Oh and please send me a PM about the calendar, I'll buy one it's a great cause (y).

Great shots m8..
Whats the chances of this going Low Level???

The hoops that had to be jumped through to get this aircraft painted would not be believed. The caveats to flying the aircraft include that it must not be used in the Low Flying System to mitigate risk of air to air collision (good thing the majority of RAF aircraft aren't camouflaged!).

No LL I'm afraid, although Christmas cards are being produced that look as if it was at LL.

Cheesy

Lovely photos. The lighting is gorgeous. Which part of the country where these taken? When will you post more?

AJ

Bloody fantastic.
Thats really made my day.
Thanks
Dean:)
ps expect order for calendar very soon.:)

Superb Cheesy. Iwas lucky enough to be with Dino F and saw the Camo Hawk at Bensons family day. Unfortunately I had just bought a sigma 50-500mm lens (big mistake) so got no pics. Its a shame they couldnt have used it for 1 display season...
Neil

Great shots, I wanna see more :D

As requested, another shot of XX184. This was probably the most difficult to shoot. We started straight and level with 184 in formation just forward of the normal echelon position. The aircraft were pitched to the vertical and then 184 was rolled towards us and held to get the shots.

xx1845.jpg

Please enjoy and I'll post more if required.

Cheesy

More of the same please Cheesy, These are great captures. You must be very proud...
Regards Neil

I'll post more directly onto this thread - it will keep the publicity of the Charity Push high. The current update is Update 1, keep an eye out for changes to the update state.

I am pleased with the captures. Unfortunately I don't own the EOS 1d that I took the shots with - that camera was borrowed – Still I can dream of that Lottery win!

Cheesy

The first 2 calendars were dispatched by First Class post today to Swindon and Lancashire. Thanks to KP and SB for your support. My estimate for the postage was out by 6p - in your favour! Can I donate it to the charity?

I also received word today that XX184 will be sent to the paintshop next week (possibly Thursday) and will emerge as the most shiny and black aircraft in the inventory of the RAF (for a week or so at least). For all those wanting to photograph the jet, get to Valley before then. Unfortunately the weather looks to be poor for the foreseeable future, so you could always buy a calendar or 2!:)

Regards,

Cheesy

The first 2 calendars were dispatched by First Class post today to Swindon and Lancashire. Thanks to KP and SB for your support. My estimate for the postage was out by 6p - in your favour! Can I donate it to the charity?
Cheesy

If thats my calendar on the way, no problem (y).

More pics please :D.

Regards,

Cheesy

Happy to report that it arrived safely this morning! and of course you can give the 6p to the charity:LOL:

Splendid, my faith in Royal Mail is restored. Hope you like the calendar!

Cheesy

It's a stunner!

I am particularly taken with January-fabulous! I think Kiasdad will love it too.

Hope you sell lots!

Last edited:
Sad news today. XX184 (presently unserviceable with an undercarriage snag) spent its last day on the line as the 'Hawkfire'.

I'll post more shots when I have reduced some to a suitable size and uploaded them to Photobucket. I'm glad that the first calendars have safely reached their new owners. My photos are the ones that don't have the BBMF aircraft in them.

We have hundreds of calendars left so get ordering!

Cheesy

Such a shame its being painted back to black. (Why black anyway?)

More shots please.

A

Hi Cheesy
great shots, but where did you get that weather from? I work at Valley on a regular basis and it's always cold and overcast when I'm there.
I love the first shot of this batch, for me there is an element of tension seeing the wheels just about to touch.

Kev

Hi Cheesy
great shots, but where did you get that weather from? I work at Valley on a regular basis and it's always cold and overcast when I'm there.
I love the first shot of this batch, for me there is an element of tension seeing the wheels just about to touch.

Kev

Glad you like it, although this was taken on takeoff! This must have been the one good day of the summer!

Cheesy

Glad you like it, although this was taken on takeoff!

Cheesy

I love the first shot of this batch, for me there is an element of tension seeing the wheels just lifted.

slight edit there did you notice? :bonk:

Kev

The Hawk is used as a trainer and is painted black for high visability.

High visibility black! Wonders will never cease:thinking:. I suppose it makes sense looking up into a blue sky or against clouds, but it can't be the best colour at low level.

The third shot of the new three is may favorite!

A

More great photos, although the first one would benefit from a little leveling.

:LOL:

High visibility black! Wonders will never cease:thinking:. I suppose it makes sense looking up into a blue sky or against clouds, but it can't be the best colour at low level.

They are very visible at low level, especially if you compare them to the German / RAF green camo on the Boscombe Alpha Jets. Spotting that at low level is a lot harder.

Take a look at my website if you want to see how visible they are at low level (I don't want to start posting images in someone elses thread).

It's a stunner!

I am particularly taken with January-fabulous! I think Kiasdad will love it too.

Hope you sell lots!

He does indeed love the calendar! Cheesy, you and your colleagues have done an excellent job. The calendar deserves to be a best-seller. Whilst it's a real shame you can't keep the hawk-caster-fire-icane colour scheme, it makes the pictures and calendar all the more special.

I would imagine air-to-air photography isn't easy, what with all the movement and having to shoot through the canopy and so on. So respect!

Any aviation nuts out there owe it to themselves to get a copy of this calendar!

BTW had a quick look at the 19(r) squadron website. There are some nice shots on there too. It's a shame they aren't bigger. Will the site be updated to include the the Hawk-caster-fire-icane?

The third shot of the new three is may favorite!

A

Agree with Gord, very visible low level in Black, Cheesy, these are stunning mate, you are a talented and lucky man !

Back