Air to Air Hawk shots and a non to subtle plug! - Updated 4

Agree with Gord, very visible low level in Black, Cheesy, these are stunning mate, you are a talented and lucky man !

The thing that helps with visibility at LL is the noselight. Glad you like the shots, not sure about talent - but being in the right place at the right time certainly helps.

Cheesy

The thing that helps with visibility at LL is the noselight. Glad you like the shots, not sure about talent - but being in the right place at the right time certainly helps.Cheesy

Well I'm on the hills tomorrow so lets hope I'm in the right place at the right time ;)

Mark

Fantastic shots. What we would give to be able to fly alongside and take photos like that. Hell, what I'd give just to be able to take photos like that! (y)

RC - A calendar has been sent by first class post to Aberystwyth I hope you enjoy it and even manage to rustle up a few sales. With any luck, the next time I'm in the Loop it will be in a T2!

explora, gretch and kiasdad,

Thank you all for the kind comments, I'll post more shots when I get home tonight.

Cheesy

RC - A calendar has been sent by first class post to Aberystwyth I hope you enjoy it and even manage to rustle up a few sales. With any luck, the next time I'm in the Loop it will be in a T2!

explora, gretch and kiasdad,

Thank you all for the kind comments, I'll post more shots when I get home tonight.

Cheesy

I can't wait for it to arrive! If the weathers nice I'll be around the loop a fair bit over the next few months :woot:

Four more!

xx184nosedetail.jpg

xx184underside.jpg

xx184bluesky.jpg

xx184lookdown.jpg

The roundabout in the last photo is a favorite speed trap for the North Wales police!

Please enjoy!

Cheesy

I reckon XX184 would look ace over some water and Winter foliage - send it North on Monday, visabilty will not be an issue, Snow forcast !

Unfortunately XX184 is being returned back to its Hi-viz black as we speak. There are some Sqn Christmas cards being produced which show the aircraft over a snow scene - with the aid of Photoshop

Cheesy

Great photos and a superb story to match. Having had a few back seat rides (never unfortunately with a camera) these shots bring back memories - Well done on the control of flare which I know must have been a huge issue.

BTW I have a 1Ds MkII which you can borrow - as long as I stay attached! :LOL:

(y)

SPCOMP,

Cheque recieved at 1510 today, calendar in the post at 1523 by first class mail.

Enjoy,

Cheesy

The roundabout in the last photo is a favorite speed trap for the North Wales police!

Cheesy

I hope the local constabulary don't catch too many of HMG's Hawks belting about the countryside :)
Keep the pictures coming - they are wonderful.

That 30mm cannon looks like a very mean piece of kit. It could seriously ruin your day.

I received my calenders today. Thats the stocking filler for my son and nephews sorted out.

Outstanding value, the shots are fantastic. My favorite is December, who likes which month?

A

Last edited:
I received my calenders today. Thats the stocking filler for my son and nephews sorted out.

Outstanding value, the shots are fantastic. My favorite is December, who likes which month?

A

I'll let you know in just over a year (y)

Generous Ladies and Gents,

It has come to my attention that a small percentage of the Sqn Calendars have the January page printed twice. All the other months are printed as expected. If you are lucky enough to be in possession of a double January calendar then please accept the extra page with no extra charge. :)

Regards,

Cheesy

Ladies and Gents,

I'm off on a course for 2 weeks starting Monday.:woot: Consequently, any calendar requests received will be actioned on 13 Dec 08 by first class post. You will get them for Christmas!

Cheesy

Generous Ladies and Gents,

It has come to my attention that a small percentage of the Sqn Calendars have the January page printed twice. All the other months are printed as expected. If you are lucky enough to be in possession of a double January calendar then please accept the extra page with no extra charge. :)

Regards,

Cheesy

Makes it even more of a collectors' item :) Any chance you can have some printed with two Julys so I get double holidays?:)

Ladies and Gents,

This will be the final plug for the Calendar. I'm now back from my groundschool at Warton (did I see two of you at the fence on 3 Dec?). 2 calendars will be dispached today to the Swindon area - thanks Kiasmum+dad!

This thread has been much more successful than I ever thought it would have been, just shy of 1500 views and lots of calendars sold.

My last working day this year will be tomorrow, so if any of you have been holding out to order, this is your last chance.

Thanks once again for your support,

See you in the loop,

Cheesy

Back