Alaskan Malamute

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out to try and get pictures of horses in the snow, came back with images of a hairy dog instead.

4259580149_6be22307a8_o.jpg

Not bad boss.. But i have to say i am not keen on the borders They do not help the image imho.

Hope this is read in the way i intended... " honest"

md

Thank you for the honesty Dave, (y)

Borders are a very subjective thing.....feel free to make a suggestion :)

Do you have thoughts on the image itself?

Do you have thoughts on the image itself?

Yes its a nice image that works well with the dog having room to look into.

That said i would move the levels down to 224 on the right hand slider as it will give the shot more punch without blowing the higlhights to much.

hth

md

Yes its a nice image that works well with the dog having room to look into.

That said i would move the levels down to 224 on the right hand slider as it will give the shot more punch without blowing the higlhights to much.

hth

md

That's great feed back, but it must just go to show how different images must look around the internet :eek: On my eye-one calibrated iMac there are no blown highlights on the dog outside of a very very small area on it's left cheek.

On the full size image it's sooooo detailed and sharp you can see tiny water dropplets on it's lips where snow has melted. I really do love the 400 f5.6!

Now i am not saying there are blown parts matey. but i feel the levels could be pushed to make the image have more punch without having blown details that spoil the image.

either way its a nice image .

md

It looks fine here too and I can imagine the full size version must be excellent.

No critique here matey!

nice one, such lovely dogs too :)

Blooming well lit!

I love the way the dog is holding that posture and looking out of frame. It is perfectly framed too, if you try cropping any closer you run the risk of not having the dog's back as a visual reference. I really like the subject isolation too, or in other words, nice bokeh :)

;) I stick by my thought that it will brighten up slightly. nicely;)

md(y)

Last edited:
Beautiful. I was hoping to see one on here.:)

There's a chap up the road with one and he passes my house on his way to the towpath but I haven't seen him for a while.

Lisa

The amazing thing about the image is that it's almost completely untouched !!!

There has been no cropping, and just a couple of stray hairs and a twig cloned out. with the border added and then a smidge of usm. The composition and the bokeh are all natural.

I think i'll email a copy to the owner as soon as he sends me a mail :D

A very nice capture of what is a magnificent dog, these breeds i have always admired, but then i ended up with a Jack Russel :eek:.

Best regards Paul

The amazing thing about the image is that it's almost completely untouched !!!

There has been no cropping, and just a couple of stray hairs and a twig cloned out. with the border added and then a smidge of usm. The composition and the bokeh are all natural.

I think i'll email a copy to the owner as soon as he sends me a mail :D

No cropping? Well done sir! :clap:

Back