Aldi and Lidl - is it just me...

If this is mobile safari, go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Add a new shortcut with your email as the phrase, and (for example) use @@. So whenever you need to type your email, just type @@ instead.
No, this is Safari 9.0.1on OS X 10.11.1. problem is I don't want to turn off the spell checking (my spelling is atrocious) just the auto correct.

No, this is Safari 9.0.1on OS X 10.11.1. problem is I don't want to turn off the spell checking (my spelling is atrocious) just the auto correct.

You can achieve the same thing in OSX. There are a couple of different methods. You could go to the keyboard preference pane, and add a text replacement.

skitch.png

You can also add autofill text within safari.

skitch.png

Or you can use an application like text expander or aText

Dropped in to the local Aldi tonight to pick up some winter running gear. 1 checkout open, 10 people queueing; lots of standing around is the price of 'cheap' stuff.

That's been my experience on a number of occasions and thought 'sod it' and left without making a purchase.

Wait until the home delivery service starts. There'll be no standing around then. ;)

That's been my experience on a number of occasions and thought 'sod it' and left without making a purchase.

Dropped in to the local Aldi tonight to pick up some winter running gear. 1 checkout open, 10 people queueing; lots of standing around is the price of 'cheap' stuff.

I can't answer for Aldi (I don't have one that close to use with any frequency) but LIDL now have signs up about 1m from the checkout saying something like "if the queue reaches here we will open another checkout" and they are pretty good at doing so. (I go there at least weekly for their muesli and bottled spring water amongst other things) and they will open up to 5 or 6 checkouts when it's busy.

I can't answer for Aldi (I don't have one that close to use with any frequency) but LIDL now have signs up about 1m from the checkout saying something like "if the queue reaches here we will open another checkout" and they are pretty good at doing so. (I go there at least weekly for their muesli and bottled spring water amongst other things) and they will open up to 5 or 6 checkouts when it's busy.

I've seen those signs (and chuckled quietly as the queue stretched behind them). Sometimes it works, but I don't generally do Lidl.

Meh. I'll stick to buying my stuff from Ocado. They price-check their branded stuff against Tesco, and you can get Waitrose stuff too (including a Palo Cortado for less than a tenner).

I never have to queue, worry about bagging, or avoid eye contact with the public. Urgh. :pompous:

Back