Alevel project complete patterns (PIC heavy)

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
So iv finally finished my AS photography (well lens based art may be more accurate :thumbsdown: )

This is my second project and i was looking at patterns, First is my observation (not all of it, just some of the better stuff) So these are the images i later used in creating my patterns

Wire:

Wire 1 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

Wire 2 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

Wire 4 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

Wire 5 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

5. (fire)

Fire 1 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

Fire 3 by j.clarke213, on Flickr

Last edited:
How did you get the patterns you ended up with from your initial photos? Quite an interesting affect if thats all you used.

How did you get the patterns you ended up with from your initial photos? Quite an interesting affect if thats all you used.

well quite a few different techniques, it wasn't quite all i used, i had some mathematical shapes as well such as Sierpinski's triangle

for most of them i cut out a part of it, then mirrored it in both axis creating patterns, then i would either do the same agin or i would rotate it sometimes using blending modes.

EDIT: i then added some colours through blending modes to the ones here :)

And some of the more fractal like images are using the Droste effect on the patterns i made, a great photoshop plugin

hope that help

Jack

Last edited:
Some of those patterns are pretty funky, I bet #24 would look cool as a giant wall-sized print.

Would love to see hear thinking that connects a bloke in a dodgy panda mask, to fractal patterns... :D

Also, how cool was Spirograph.

Well that A-level art for ya :bonk:
http://fiz-iks.com/
These guys were the reference that bought in the animal masks, i do have some others of masks and it did tie in to some of the fractal work but i just liked the grainy feel of that one :)

I would deffinatly like to play around more with the spirograph stuff as all my ones were done in a bit of a rush (at 4:30 in the mornin before the light came up :wacky: ) but yea defiantly an interesting technique

#13 #24 #25 :D
thanks very much (y) out of interest what is it about 13 that you like??

Jack

Some interesting effects in some of these (y) but to be honest there are far to many to offer any meaningful critique, you'd have been better served by spitting them up into half a dozen threads :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Back