Almost Bedraggled.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Same session as my earlier Goldfinch, a male Greenfinch. Forgive me for the 2 threads but I wanted this one to stand out and not get lost in the Golidie thread.

I am staggered by the 100-400LMkii, I'd been told it was sharp but my goodness, now I'm finding my feet with it, probably some of the sharpest and clearest images I've ever produced.....and in rubbish light today.

R7, 100-400LMkii, ISO 5000, 1/500sec, f8, 400mm.

Male Greenfinch. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers Gav.

I see what you mean about the BG, they are quite a close colour. I boosted the blacks on the GF with a mask in an attempt to seperate it from the BG, maybe it could do with a squidge more. (y)

It is hard to believe how good that 1-400 mk 2 is , beautiful lens . I am with Gav on the background . I am still envious of the birds you have visit you , and a nice image considering the weather ect .

It is hard to believe how good that 1-400 mk 2 is , beautiful lens . I am with Gav on the background . I am still envious of the birds you have visit you , and a nice image considering the weather ect .

It's a stonking lens, I've not really pushed it yet though, I can't wait to get it down the river. I am very pleased with it so far.

I've been looking back at backgrounds from my hide from the last year. I feel they were getting a bit sterile. When I cut the grass, it's been just one shade of vibrant green. I decided to try to let the grass grow at the end of last year's cutting season, that area missed one cut. I'm going to leave it grow wild this year at that spot, to hopefully put some texture into it and break it up a little. There are already signs of light browns coming in to it. It is very lush grass and I think Canon colours emphasise it even more. I think a slightly different colour would work better for a Greenfinch. I will select the backbround in a bit, change the hue and desaturate it a bit.

If it works, I'll post the result here. Thanks for the input guys. (y)

Had a little and very quick play. Changed the hue, darkened and lowered the saturation on the BG..... just to see if I'm heading the right way. (y)

tp.jpg

Yes better , Stu had me pulling my hair out with how Canons record the greens in grass and crops , I gave up trying to get it perfect in the end , but it forever haunts me . :headbang:

Yes better , Stu had me pulling my hair out with how Canons record the greens in grass and crops , I gave up trying to get it perfect in the end , but it forever haunts me . :headbang:
I feel your pain :LOL:
(Sorry Dale.)

Greens with a bit of light on them have always been super vibrant on the most recent Canons I've owned. It will get more noticeable now too, as the grass grows. Still though, I should've tamed them down a tad in my original edit.

I feel your pain :LOL:
(Sorry Dale.)

:LOL:

Prefer the edit, lovely shot

Thank you Tara.

Last edited:
Back