Almost picked my camera

Edit My Images
No
after a lot of thoughts i think i have narrowed it down. but what i want to know is what is the difference between the nikon d5000 and the d90. thanks :D

The D90 is the next level up from the D5000 but the D5000 is a newer model. The D90's replacement will probably have several of the D5000's features. The D90 is a simpler version of the D300 ISH at least when I bought my D200 the D80 was a simpler version of that camera.

Picked mine too, 5D mark II, just need the £1800 asking price now!!!

the d5000 might be a newer camera but for not having a focus motor in body, id say the d90 is the better buy.

You're paying quite a bit extra for the "party-trick" screen on the D5000, unless it's something you can't live without, go for the D90.

Shame on you... Nikon! No but seriuosly the D90 is a cracking piece of kit for the price, a few of my mates use these and they swear by it!

Out of the 2 I would pick the D90 gives you the better all round body and the moving screen on the other is only one more thing to break.

No doubt in my mind that I would go for the D90 (which I already own) I simply can't live without the LCD screen on top of the camera and, as others mention, the build in focus motor makes it easier to pick up used lenses at a bargain. Older lenses WILL work on the D5000 but only with manual focus which can be an annoyance in some situations.

also depending on funds ill be looking at the 450d or the 500d. what the major differences between these bar an extra £100?

Back