Almost the last photo my camera ever took..

eye contact: Check!! :LOL:

stunning shot, certainly one to have hanging on any wall. (y)

Pre-focus or AF :)
My guess is AF, seems to have done OK, makes you wonder why they changed it on the 3/4 models.
Lovely shot.

Matt

I dont like it

haha no im joking, i think its pretty unanimous that its a fantastic capture!! In fact i think this is the only shot i have ever seen on TP that everybody likes!

Im sitting here grinning from ear to ear at these responses! I did think to myself when i looked at it on the tiny screen on the 1D that it was going to be soft but getting it into lightroom cheered me right up! So thank you everyone for the kind comments! To answer a few questions...

CT - not so silly really, as lammie said they have been breeding in the wild but not very widespread and almost all have thought to be captive birds at one point as they were extinct over here at one point IIRC.

Lammie - thanks for that! I did look into these a little bit before hand but that article is very interesting!

Rich - The next photo, and last photo is OOF and wings out of frame because it hit the min focus distance on my lens which is 2.5m! But as said.. their wings are very soft when they brush over you!

Eccles - such a shame! They are very impressive in the air and so quick for the size of them!

Trev - Didn't mean to get you in bother with your gaffer! :LOL:

Matbin - it was AI servo yes, and the sensitivity set to its fastest setting which seemed to work nicely.

again thank you for ther responses and i'll keep an eye out for any competitions that this is eligible for and shall enter them after the feedback you lot have given! :)

I'd give up photography now, you ain't going to get better than that.

A future winner of wildlife photographer of the year i think ! If not i think a sure fire winner for the countryfile calendar.
Is it just me or has it also got the look of some weird spider with it's wings bent down like that? Maybe i've been staring at it for too long.

There are some execellent images posted on here and this is right up there with the best , Outstanding :clap::clap:

Any chance of making it available for TP members, (modest fee perhaps/charitable donation?)

Stunning.......

Good Idea Dave, If people are interested in it all I would like would be for a donation of any kind to be made to the centre at which this photo was taken at. I'll have a word and see what they say but I have no problems with it :)!

Thank you for the comments :)

**** in hell !!!!
Sorry first words that came out of my mouth.
My boss shouted across" Trevor!! you on the bloody internet"
I said "yeah come and look at this!!"

His response?
"**** in hell !!!!" :)

PMSL!!

Brilliant capture. Makes you think you know what a mouse feels like just before it becomes lunch.

I would look into a way of making money from the shot, as well as competitions. It would fit perfectly as a print, front cover of a brochure, on a website, as well as winning cempetitions.

If you do decide, as suggested, that you want to hang up your camera as you won't shoot a better shot, then I will take good care of it!!

ou should be v proud of it.

That is probably the best owl picture I have seen in ages, WOW

Thank you again for the comments!

The camera will still be used!...maybe! :LOL:

Whats this calender you mention? I take it theres a competition for it?

Absolutely outstanding shot Barry.
The sort of pic that makes you wonder if you'll ever get another so good.

Seen a few shots of owls flying towards people, but none as good as yours. They do have form on swooping on folk.

Maybe no bad thing to keep your camera over your face until the bird passes. UK Bird photographer from times gone by, Eric Hosking, lost an eye when a Tawny owl had a go at him.

Thank you for the comments, and thans dslr for that thread! :) Il have a look for the next one.

Amazing Barry!

The whole pic - composition, focus, eye contact - stunning

Absolutely outstanding shot Barry.
The sort of pic that makes you wonder if you'll ever get another so good.

Seen a few shots of owls flying towards people, but none as good as yours. They do have form on swooping on folk.

Maybe no bad thing to keep your camera over your face until the bird passes. UK Bird photographer from times gone by, Eric Hosking, lost an eye when a Tawny owl had a go at him.

Just noticed that bit about The bloke losing his eye :puke: Thats pretty bad!! I may think twice about staying put for so long next time!!!!

An absolutely amazing photo, one only many of us can dream of (and I think it would look good on the cover of the National Geographic)

Glad you survived, especially after hearing some of the stories.

D :)

Back