Alnmouth

Name
Lorraine
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to get to grips with LR, so I hope the colours look ok

URL=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/photos/alnmouth-1.5294/]
5807-1404761733-c9fdccbe8c04d329cdb3d6c6eab847e7.jpg
[/URL]
Alnmouth 1 by Dem55 on Talk Photography

Alnmouth 2
by Dem55 on Talk Photography

Alnmouth 2

Hi Dem55,

I'm no expert but in my opinion I would stick to the original photo you have. I think people over-use the B&W feature, which can take the life and emotion out of the image, it can be quite depressing. The first image has lots of emotion and is much deeper, has lots more character too. Good work :)

Some shots from a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to get to grips with LR, so I hope the colours look ok

URL=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/photos/alnmouth-1.5294/]
5807-1404761733-c9fdccbe8c04d329cdb3d6c6eab847e7.jpg
[/URL]
Alnmouth 1 by Dem55 on Talk Photography

Alnmouth 2

Alnmouth 2

Looks like a nice place for photos, just too damm far away from me in Milton Keynes.
All the photos lack contrast for me and as brandwood says just being B&W does not make a photo better.
Nice composition on 1 and 2, but sadly 3 does not have a point of interest, but does have dust marks.

You will get the hang of lightroom soon.

Hi Dem55,

I'm no expert but in my opinion I would stick to the original photo you have. I think people over-use the B&W feature, which can take the life and emotion out of the image, it can be quite depressing. The first image has lots of emotion and is much deeper, has lots more character too. Good work :)

Thanks Joshua - I'm not a huge fan of black & white to be honest, particularly landscapes which I think need colour. But I tried it this time because I had an awful job getting the colour balance right in LR - that one's about the best of the bunch, but to me the whites on the boats look really blue - I'll keep trying though:)

Looks like a nice place for photos, just too damm far away from me in Milton Keynes.
All the photos lack contrast for me and as brandwood says just being B&W does not make a photo better.
Nice composition on 1 and 2, but sadly 3 does not have a point of interest, but does have dust marks.

and thanks Pete :), Alnmouth is a lovely little place - I go there a lot, as you say, a bit too far from Milton Keynes for an evening's run, but if you ever do come up north, it is worth visiting. Glad you like the composition on the first two - I'll persevere with LR, it seems a lot more powerful than elements, but I'm trying not to go over the top with the processing.
I hadn't noticed the dust spots in #3, but now you've mentioned them I can see what you mean. I know there isn't anything much to grab interest in the shot - I was just pretty happy with my LR efforts on this one - at least the sand isn't blue!

Thanks again to both of you - much appreciated

just out of interest Pete - how would I get more contrast into #1? I've gone back to LR and tried the obvious (contrast slider), also tried upping clarity & vibrance a bit, and trying to tone down the blue on the side of the boat. I got this, but the sky looks way too yellow and the sand is a weird colour as well

1082 re edit_005

Last edited:
Back