Alter lane, Bingley

• Thread starter Deleted member 97051
  • Start date
Billy, please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to sort out your focussing issues.

Billy, please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to sort out your focussing issues.
They look pin sharp on my computer, it's after uploading them that the image quality issues are arising.

yes, I have no problem with constructive input
When composing a photo I like to ask myself - what is it a photo of? The title is "Alter lane Bingley" but it seems to be mainly of trees and then for me there is no definite subject, nowhere for the eye to settle

I might be getting my composing skills back to front, but it's not the fence that bothers me Billy. You'd expect some drop off in the depth of field, after all. I'm more concerned about the wall in the foreground being out of focus. My own preference would have been to focus on that and then recompose. As it is I find it a little distracting.

where can I see some of your images?

Follow the links in my signature :)

Regarding sharpness, there is a known issue with rescaling images uploaded to the forum. Please make sure your images are 1024px on the longest edge before you upload, or even better upload to flickr and link them on here. Also please remember that we are trying to help, its fine if you are happy with your images and don't want any feedback but the Photo sharing sections of the forum are intended for people looking for critique. If you just want to share please post to https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/photos-for-pleasure.67/

Follow the links in my signature :)

Regarding sharpness, there is a known issue with rescaling images uploaded to the forum. Please make sure your images are 1024px on the longest edge before you upload, or even better upload to flickr and link them on here. Also please remember that we are trying to help, its fine if you are happy with your images and don't want any feedback but the Photo sharing sections of the forum are intended for people looking for critique. If you just want to share please post to https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/photos-for-pleasure.67/
I have no problem with constructive criticism as I said. I have had a pixel peep at the image in question and it's sharp apart from the wall that is out of focus. thanks your input

I might be getting my composing skills back to front, but it's not the fence that bothers me Billy. You'd expect some drop off in the depth of field, after all. I'm more concerned about the wall in the foreground being out of focus. My own preference would have been to focus on that and then recompose. As it is I find it a little distracting.
I highlighted the fence as an illustration of the uploading quality. that fence is sharp on my computer

Must say, my eye settles on the middle tree, the wall isn't the subject so why does it need to be focus? In landscapes, is it necessary to have front to back focus? The op has responded in a friendly manner to the feedback so don't get the need for the 'please remember that we are trying to help' advice either to be honest. I like the photo Mikbone.

Couple shots of good bourbon and it looks fine! Actually I thought it looks pretty good anyway! :)

Who was the deleted member - hope it was a newbie or someone from POTW. It's disappointing when someone gets arsey about a poor picture.

A good image, it challenges the mind and this is good otherwise it’s just another landscape, you did a good job, well done
Original poster has been deleted for a while now

Who was the deleted member - hope it was a newbie or someone from POTW. It's disappointing when someone gets arsey about a poor picture.

Original poster has been deleted for a while now
The person concerned asked for their account to be deleted. They did nothing wrong,
nor did they explain why.
It was Mickbone ( billy)

Back