Amazing What You Find On The Beach

unusual find..... unusual composition

bit undecided as to whether I like it or not though.....

id possibly prefer to have it landscape from a lower viewpoint, with less motion blur as you have pleasant peaceful sky with almost raging water flow which may be why I remain undecided...

unusual find..... unusual composition

bit undecided as to whether I like it or not though.....

id possibly prefer to have it landscape from a lower viewpoint, with less motion blur as you have pleasant peaceful sky with almost raging water flow which may be why I remain undecided...

Thanks for the feedback Terry.

I tried to take several different compositions that morning using slightly different exposures and angles. Do you think this works a bit better? :

Turn On, Tune In, Cop Out by Danny Birrell, on Flickr

Personally I prefer the first one.

I'd hate to be one of those who simply like photos posted, but…
...I like it, excellent stuff.

Cheers,
Tony

I prefer the first one apart from where the waves appear to crash down onto some completely static froth - spoils it for me

I also prefer the 1st one just would prefer cropping some of the sand from the front.

The mix of static and blurred waves confuses my eye a little too much. Either blend it better in post, or just go with one of the two, blurred / nonblurred.

The mix of static and blurred waves confuses my eye a little too much. Either blend it better in post, or just go with one of the two, blurred / nonblurred.

Thanks for the feedback Jonathon, appreciate it.

If you're referring to blending two images together in PP then that's not the case here. It's 1 image and the difference in types of water is simply caused by the moving water being exposed over 1-2 seconds and meeting the already still standing water which is obviously not effected by the long exposure.

Woow. It is amazing. Looks like if someone had just got up from that seat after staring at the horizon.

Back