Amazon Black Friday

Got lightroom but it's only £20 less than Adobe are currently selling it for....think I'll let it go back into the waiting list :)

Heres a list of whats new - here in elements 10 if that helps.

Also got Photoshop Elements 10 for £29.97. Usual price was £60 on Amazon. It would have been rude not to take advantage of that! :)

thanks.. dont think i'll bother with it.. can do the difference easy enough using actions etc anyway so will pass..

Bought Potoshop Elements 10 (y)

And a truth watch that the Mrs has had her eye on! £120 down to £39.99!! yay!!

Cheers for the heads up!

Dean

It did last year, but later in the week I think.

I might be getting that if it does.

Got on the Amazon Black Friday Deals page at 12 am sharp, that's when the software sale for today started, only two packages on offer were Adobe Lightroom 3 for £120 P&P Free and Adobe Elements 10 for £30 P&P Free. Simply could'nt resist at those prices - managed to get Lightroom after being put on the waiting list for about twenty minutes :clap:. Elements 10 was a straight forward purchase (y)

Adobe are offering Lightroom for £142.56 with free UK delivery, this offer is valid until the 28th of November. As previously stated Play.Com are also doing Lightroom 3 for £125 and free P&P during their sale period.

If anyone is interested in Amazon Black Friday Deals it pays to get online early, the deals come up for most of the day starting at certain times and you are informed what time they actually start. It's on all this week and there just could be other software or photo goodies to come.

Best of luck ;)

Well, day one was a little disappointing for me (I know its not over but nothing much of interest today)

Well, day one was a little disappointing for me (I know its not over but nothing much of interest today)

Agreed, I logged in every now and then and was quite underwhelmed. In the US Black Friday can have huge discounts, real bargains that aren't just the same price at other places.

PS Elements at £30 seems a "tremendous" bargain when even PC World can sell it for that price :shrug:

Yer the stuff on offer today wasn't great I thought, first time I've seen this on amazon so maybe I'm expecting a bit to much.

Anyone got a list on what's going to be on offer for the rest of the week?

Oh ok, I did subscribe yesterday, maybe I was a bit to late as I didn't get anything through today.
Will keep my eye out for the email, cheers.

Is there anywhere that they preview the next days things? I agree with JohnN above, today was a bit boring. Most of it was like the stuff they try and flog on shopping channels.

Is there anywhere that they preview the next days things? I agree with JohnN above, today was a bit boring. Most of it was like the stuff they try and flog on shopping channels.
Yep not a lot to choose from and what was there didn't seem too much of a bargain :shrug:

The best stuff is usually just dripped through, the bulk is Christmas present tat with designer labels. The frequency of the good stuff tends to increase as it goes on, and there's usually something special left for the final hours.

Yep not a lot to choose from and what was there didn't seem too much of a bargain

How can you say that, just looked and there is an amazon exclusive wild print thong for 7 quid, dodgy looking cream coloured with fur hood bomber jacket for 50 quid and some tacky looking christmas cracker type jewellery for under a ton

Thanks Amazon, you really spoil us here in the UK, like one big online charity shop, just need a Clairol Foot Spa to cap it all off

How can you say that, just looked and there is an amazon exclusive wild print thong for 7 quid, dodgy looking cream coloured with fur hood bomber jacket for 50 quid and some tacky looking christmas cracker type jewellery for under a ton

Thanks Amazon, you really spoil us here in the UK, like one big online charity shop, just need a Clairol Foot Spa to cap it all off

sounds like you are saying that Amazon is catering for the chav community?

you could be right with that assortment ;)

I think the next day's deals come up at 12:00 am in the 'upcoming' section...at least it did yesterday!!!

yep.. showing now..

lot of tat and overpriced socks again.. but see a kata 123-GO-30 sling backpack at 11.44am, priced now at £119.99, be interesting to see what that comes up at..

Well, not alot again - a high def sound system (probably), as said above loads of over priced socks, some lego (mostly books which will be cheaper from the "the book people"), only the hidden one showing promise.

Last edited:
Going by the cryptic clues I reckon Lightroom will be back on at 4:45pm today.

I think they were anglepoise lamps yesterday, anyway get Lightroom from Play it was cheaper and you can get cash back

Three camels is great as it does tell you the normal prices (ie excludes things like black Friday which would throw the curve), so you can see if its a good deal or not.

Agreed rubbish in stock, but it looks like they have sorted out people buying up stock, holding it in their basket for days, selling on ebay for a higher price and then shipping direct to the winner - which judging by how quickly stock went and mysterious "bargains" appearing on eBay looks like what was happening.

Oh, just thought I'd check out the US version and its still not that great, however the was a couple of cameras and a tripod, but what made me laugh was how blatant their "clues" are, now think hard and see if you can figure out what this mystery item might be - "Classic stud earrings receive a colorful update with Blue Topaz stones"... erm, a Tonka Truck?? ;)

Last edited:
There's a Lexar 32GB Class 10 micro sdhc card coming up which might be a good buy, Amazons quoted price is already pretty good for it.

Apart from that I haven't been impressed this year so far, most of the 'deals' seem to be either tat (stripy socks anyone?) or the price is much the same as the going rate elsewhere (e.g. elements 10/Lightroom 3)

lol, looks like I was wrong on two front - it was lightroom and the thing I thought was high def system turned out to be a 50" 3D TV... may be worth keeping an eye after all.

just got a lexar class 10 micro sd for 24.99 so chuffed with that.

Got one as well, it is a good price.

Back