Amazon (returns)

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
V. bad experience with Amazon this time round. I ordered Hitech Firecrest kit, and got sent non-Firecrest much cheaper version. I got in touched to return the item and was given RM labels to print. I posted on Monday morning first thing but Amazon still doesn't acknowledge the receipt.

Is this normal timeframe, and should i be calling my bank right now about the fraud?

Monday morning? To Amazon? Who send & receive thousands of deliveries every day. Fraud? Jeez, give them a bloody chance and if you are that bothered, use the live chat via their website to check on it. :rolleyes:

RM 1st class is next day, and they only need to scan the barcode on receipt to mark for refund. I really don't feel like donating my hard-earned £240 to Amazon on top of their tax avoidance savings.

RM 1st class is next day, and they only need to scan the barcode on receipt to mark for refund. I really don't feel like donating my hard-earned £240 to Amazon on top of their tax avoidance savings.

hundreds (if not thousands) of parcels received per day I'd imagine. Only need to scan the barcode? I must remember to order that expensive lens, let them know I wants to return it then send them a couple of bricks. ;)

Rm 1st class can take up to three days before it is considered late. Amazon have about the best returns service going, give it a little time.

I don't think you should be concerned yet. Amazon have been very good when I have had to send items back for replacement or refund. I would think they are much busier than normal with people returning Christmas gifts etc. Give them a few days before you start to worry.

Are you serious?, a lot of companies take this long to answer the phone!

I'd only be concerned if it was over a week and another seller on amazon and not amazon themselves.

Amazon are 2nd to none in the returns dept etc, I've been sent refunds instantly before or had a new item sent when the previous one was lost in transit without batting an eyelid.

I'd 2nd what others have said. Amazon is brilliant for returns in my experience. This time of year I can well imagine they are sifting through many thousands. I use there parcel drop service at either the Amazon Lockers near me or the Collect+ sites. As soon as they are picked up you get notification and with the Collect+ I have been refunded same day! JMHO

I've had a bit of a wait with Royal Mail returns to Amazon but its normal especially in January there must be thousands of things going back.
Only thing I noticed before was sometimes they offer the paid for Royal Mail Labels for an item thats worth a lot (say a lens) usually I pay the extra for Special Delivery "just in case"

Rm 1st class can take up to three days before it is considered late. Amazon have about the best returns service going, give it a little time.

I checked the RM tracking code - already delivered. Shouldn't amazon be staffed to deal with returns or they will get buried with parcels this way?

I checked the RM tracking code - already delivered. Shouldn't amazon be staffed to deal with returns or they will get buried with parcels this way?

Amazon say it can take up to two weeks once they have received your return to process your refund and then a further 3 to 5 working days for it to show up in your bank.

Instant refunds only apply to certain items and then only if you selected that during the returns process

Its just after Christmas they must be dealing with god know how many returns,i would give it a couple of more days :)

Amazon have the best returns policy in place I have ever known.. I buy shed loads of stuff from them so of course sometimes things are not right, they sort it quick time and for many of the items they refund me before I have even sent it back.

I did have a windows tablet return take a bit longer coming into the new year but I went on chat 7 days after sending return and they promptly put the refund through, couple of days later item return was with them and processed.

I've made a few returns using Collect+ which have been free and have produced a refund the same day.

Returned a parcel on Monday (DPD) pickup, tracked it to Scotland and it arrived there on Tuesday morning. Email at 11.00 today to say refund had been processed. No complaints here.

Dropped camera off at collect+ drop off yesterday, a few houra later had an email saying my redund was now being processed :)

V. bad experience with Amazon this time round. I ordered Hitech Firecrest kit, and got sent non-Firecrest much cheaper version. I got in touched to return the item and was given RM labels to print. I posted on Monday morning first thing but Amazon still doesn't acknowledge the receipt.

Is this normal timeframe, and should i be calling my bank right now about the fraud?

I ordered two HTML5 books last year and I got sent a photography umbrella (not cheap!!!) instead. It was easy to return it. I asked them to collect it (DPD) and I spoke to live chat and they reordered my books.

Received an email about ONE MONTH later saying that they were processing the return.

My 'wrong' item was roughly around £200.

Back