AMEX World Golf Championship

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to sneak a couple of hours at this event in Watford this morning, I wish I'd had more time, longer glass and a press pass. Here is a small selection:

AMEX-WGC-3.jpg

AMEX-WGC-14.jpg

AMEX-WGC-20.jpg

AMEX-WGC-24.jpg

AMEX-WGC-27.jpg

AMEX-WGC-29.jpg

AMEX-WGC-30.jpg

AMEX-WGC-33.jpg

And finally, Monty picking his nose! He wasn't too happy when he realised I'd just taken this shot. :D

AMEX-WGC-17.jpg

Nice :)

Not a golf fan so wasted on me but you've got some professional shots there. Last one might be saleable even for novelty value :)

Great shots Hacker - like the last one of Monty

The only days cameras are allowed are the practice days although you still have to stay behind the ropes unless of course you have a Press Pass. Then there is the Tiger Roadshow to deal with - an army of fans all vying for his attention and trying (unsuccessfully ) to barge you out of the spot you have chosen.

I would have liked a bit more time there to get out on the course along with a 300-400mm lens and maybe a TC. In saying that I enjoyed it immensely and watching these guys hit the ball was astounding (this was the first pro event I've been to), Tiger was chipping round the greens and his accuracy and spin control was phenomenal.

Really amazing shots I think you should be able to sell these to a news agency with no problem.

Tiger's smile is just fab! I do have to ask about pink pants and snake skin belt?? A woman did not dress him!

I managed to sneak a couple of hours at this event in Watford this morning, I wish I'd had more time, longer glass and a press pass.
How close do you need to get! I doubt the pro photogs would have taken much better from their prime positions inside the ropes ...
Ian "Bizzare Trousers a Speciality" Poulter really looks like he wants to be a pimp! - All the pics are fantastic but the Monty one stands out for me - don't suppose you got any of him in usual "scowl" mode :nuts:
Paul ;)

Like this you mean? :D :D :D

He was getting the hump because the four ball of Garcia, Donald, Poulter and David Howell were p*ssing about and deciding their wagers for the practice round, there were some big figures being bandied about, at one stage I heard them saying £1K per hole. :eek: :eek: In the end end Monty stomped off to the 10th, don't know if it was because of the group in front or because of the double bogey I captured. :LOL:

_CBG0117.jpg

Paul Casey went down in my estimation that day, practice days give the fans a chance to get close to the players for autographs and photos etc but he was having none of it, there were loads of kids there wanting his autograph, particularly after his Ryder Cup contribution.

AMEX-WGC-7.jpg

Yeah - That's more like it! - Shame about Casey s'pose he's still trying to work out what to spend the 1 million pounds he won at Wentworth on ... Paul ;)

Paul Casey went down in my estimation that day, practice days give the fans a chance to get close to the players for autographs and photos etc but he was having none of it, there were loads of kids there wanting his autograph, particularly after his Ryder Cup contribution.

Never thought anything of him or his caddie :bat: Ignorant man

There you go Ally, some basic info from Opanda, if you want anymore let me know:

Shot #1 - Tiger
Model = NIKON D200

Exposure Time = 1/800"
F Number = F2.8
Exposure Program = Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 125

Shot #2 - Sergio
Model = NIKON D200

Exposure Time = 1/200"
F Number = F4
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 125