An Early Morning at Bempton Cliffs - Gannets & Puffins

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Last two shots for me and loving the puffin ... will be up there in June so looking forward to getting some shots myself :)

:ty:

The first pic is virtually no crop and a little tweak on the colours, but happy what the 7d MKII, 400mm F/5.6 & 1.4x II turned out.

I do like going up there, half a dozen folk at 7am... By time I left at 12.30 they were queuing down the road, utter chaos!

Guy had been there from 4.30am hoping to photo the barn owl, but unfortunately for him it wasn't around.

I do like going up there, half a dozen folk at 7am... By time I left at 12.30 they were queuing down the road, utter chaos!

Hope it's not like that for me!
Is it normally like that, or just at weekends ... last time I was there it was fine.

My daughter has gone today with some friends, weather isn't looking too promising for them though, but it might keep the crowds down

Hope it's not like that for me!
Is it normally like that, or just at weekends ... last time I was there it was fine.

If the sun is out then it gets very busy, just a case of getting there as early as possible... Alternative is to walk along the cliff tops from Flamborough, about 3 miles I think.

Great shots Mark, love the last Gannet shot. I looking to get up there in the next two weeks, i only live in Malton so not a million miles away.
Daz

Thakn you Daz, very much appreciated.

The details on No 1 Mark is amazing.

I arrived about 18:45 on Friday 29th and the Barn owl was out quartering the two fields to the left of the new centre. I only stayed for about 20 minutes before it started to rain again. Went back for most of the day on Saturday and again, the owl appeared almost on queue with the timing.

A very fruitful trip I'd say. Excellent details and colours with some really great light. Very well photographed.
Just out of curiosity which lens/lenses are you using at this location?

tony

Just out of curiosity which lens/lenses are you using at this location?

tony

Tony, thank you for your kind comments.

I'm using and this was the first real test of this camera for me of birds in flight, a 7d MkII, Pics 1 & 2 were with a 400mm f/5.6 with x1.4 ii Extender. The rest were without the extender, just 400mm.

I'll be heading back again in the near future as would love to get the opportunity to photo the owl.. Got my puffin in flight & a kingfisher a few weeks ago, so Owl now is high on the list! :runaway:

Puffins make a great photo op so that one and the last one for me. The last one is excellent.

Back