An ebay/paypal question

Edit My Images
Yes
Please excuse my ignorance, i really have no idea when it comes to ebay, but today, sold my first ever item (a 70-300mm lens)

It was sold to someone who set up their account today, and yes, the alarm bells were ringing, but according to paypal, there has been a payment.

Now, the item sold for £322 which also had £10 postage, yet the paypal account from the winning bidder shows that £320.51 has been paid by the winner, therefore £1.49 less than winning bid, and no postage added.

I can't find anything on the paypal site that makes any sense, so hoped that someone here could shed some light.

Thank you for any help.

Ebay and paypal will have taken there cut of your money

ebay fees get billed at a later date.
It sounds like fees have been taken off by paypal.
£12 seems cheap for that sort of money thought?

YOU have ended up with that much ....thats good as it seems paypal havent screwed you YET dont worry though they will at todays rates you will get about £295 after all is taken and you will get an ebill from ebay for selling it about 3 weeks from now for the selling fees........enjoy

which will be a small fortune.
Sometimes its a pig selling on ebay.
Bad times

Make sure you are going into Paypal on your own ... Not through any email link sent to you.

Good advice.

PayPal charge 3.4%+20p for eBay payments.

£332.00×3.4% = £11.288

Add the 20p and that's £11.488 which is what they've taken off the total inc. delivery.

Log into "My eBay", click on "Seller Account" under "My Account" down the left hand side to see what eBay will invoice you for in the next week.

There will be a listing fee which will be between a few pence and a few quid depending on what you options you selected and a "Final Value Fee" and will be about £8.50.

There will be a listing fee which will be between a few pence and a few quid depending on what you options you selected and a "Final Value Fee" and will be about £8.50.

£8.50 this week, £32 next week:bonk::bonk:

as said above, check your paypal account by going to www.paypal.com and not through any links as these will be a scam, i'd also wait a day before posting it to give paypal a chance to check it's not being paid with a stolen credit card.

chances are it's genuine as we all have to start somewhere and with the price of new lenses rocketing there are more buyers on ebay looking to save money but it pays to be wary.

Last edited:
Back