An evening on the North Wales coast

Edit My Images
No
Promising weather forecast on Monday so shot down the coast to a couple of locations I've had planned for a while.. Trefor & Dinas Dinlle. I've thrown a couple in for mono fans too.. feedback appreciated as always

Simon

2 is the stand out image for me, great processing and lines running within the frame :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. the 3rd shot is the one I'm happiest with and the B&W pier shot worked pretty well as the colour version lacks any real drama/contrast

Simon

Quite like the second image personally, the third image looks like it needs levelling as its slopping down slightly to the right

Thanks for the comment Joe, levels are always the first thing I check though so know these are spot on.. the background mountains make it a little deceptive

Simon

Thanks for the comment Joe, levels are always the first thing I check though so know these are spot on.. the background mountains make it a little deceptive

Simon
Yeah I though it looked a little off but then I lined up the horizon along the top of my screen and it is spot on(y)
Bit of an optical illusion with all the other angles.
Third one for me too:)

Number three for me, the best of a strong set, I would agree however that the sky on the right hand side is a little distracting and needs the highlights reducing a touch, thats only to suit my tastes though :D

The last one. Its a great simple scene but I am wondering if a stronger grad and a bit more shutter speed might have been the thing.

The 2nd mono is quite cool, the other one the scenejust doesn't hold my interest.

The 1st does, I like the old disused peir contrasting with the landscape the the golden light on the rocks plus the texture on the hills.

The middle one on the beach is a great composition for sure, lovely lines and well executred.

Lovely bunch Simon! For me No 1, No2 (that surprised me not always a B&W fan), No3 initially didn't do anything fore me but went back several times, it's growing on me! No5.
No1, lovely wet big Pebbles with light brushing across them, interesting jetty in the background and nice light.
No2, nice textures in the jetty, and shadows in the water, light hitting the supports, clarity in the jetty offset by the slightly wooly clouds.
No3, didn't grab me at first. Now got it. Lovely lead in lines funnel shaped clouds with blue popping through, golden light coming in from the right hitting the LH shoreline..... Nice!
No5, like the composition but something isn't sitting right with me, love the sun on the horizon and it's reflection on the foreshore. I think what I was was the rocks in the foreground and slight haloing (on this laptops nun to clever screen) however it looks better on your website the rock seem a tad lighter and the post looks cleaner more defined.

Good stuff Simon
Oh yes btw No4 just seems I little to flat to me.

Thanks again, really great, detailed feedback which I really appreciate..

Shot 4 , the mono version, I really threw into the mix to see what people though, not 100% sure about it myself to be honest

The last one I shot with a 3 stop reverse NDgrad and underexposed it by about 4 stops in camera to save the highlights in the sun.. bringing back the shadow detail was slightly tricky because of the post and there is a slight halo, not too bad that it spoils the shot hopefully though.

Shot 1 - I thought there might be a few too many pebbles in the foreground so moved and had another go here:

Number three for me Simon, the best shot I've ever seen from you I think ;)

Back