An orange Gerbera...

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
C+C welcome, do you think it could have been framed better? I am not 100% on this :)

gerbera1.jpg

Heres another, again not 100%, do the petals at the back distract from the image as a whole?

gerbera2.jpg

I like both of these. The orange against the black is stunning. I think that your second image works well. I don't find the petals distracting, they add depth to it for me.

Were you using a tripod or handheld? I have bought a Maplins Light tent today and might have a go at playing tomorrow!

Both are superb images imho - colourful, crisp and well lit and composed!

Top marks!

Thanks all! They were all handheld, so they have suffered from the shakes slightly :(

Last one in the set :)

gerbera3.jpg

I think the first two are cracking shots , the lighting is spot on (y) not so keen on the 3rd as personally as i'm not a fan of showing a long stem, personally i like i to see this type of composition

b.jpg

Liking them all, the orange against the black is great, border is ok too doesnt over power the image. (y)

They are all striking images Betty, fantastic orange flowers, but the stems seem to have a blue tinge, is it my monitor or are my eyes wonky ?

I think these are all great. Though I too am not keen on the stem which does seem to be a rather peculiar colour - and my monitor should be pretty good for colour.

Thanks everyone!

Hmmm, the stems look green to me, (uncalibrated mind) and I didnt PP the stems at all, shame :(

They are all striking images Betty, fantastic orange flowers, but the stems seem to have a blue tinge, is it my monitor or are my eyes wonky ?

That's you and me both with wonky eyes. However, I don't mind because the rest of the images are so good. Great set.

The thing I like about all of them pictures is the huge jarring contrast between the bright cheerful orange and the dark moody black.
A great effort, Betty, I can't think of any faults. :)

Striking shots with the dark background, of the three I am drawn to the second one, it is "different".

Thanks Galaxy, I wouldnt say different though, Ive seen shots very similar on here before :)

Thats not to say I copied, I was just shooting from all angles :LOL:

These are lovely Betty! Clarity and striking colour.
Gerberas are just SO photogenic :) Even from the underside!
(Don't think I've posted many of my flower pics here yet)

The frame sets it off nicely too.

Thanks MissyC! I am going to have a go at more flowers now, I never seem to find the time :D

Heres one more... I am not 100% with this one, I think the DOF is too shallow so the vase is hardly visible, its just a blur :D

gerbera4.jpg

Seriously these are fab. After seeing these you MADE me go and try it myself - How the hell you got these I'll never know! I blame it on my flowers, they weren't very photogenic!!

Where was your light? Facing into the light box? Aso whats the exif data?

There was no light box, it was natural light from the office window :)

I lose the EXIF resizing for web, Ill post it if you want though, and having just seen your pics, I think we bought the same bouquet :LOL:

Looking at the EXIF data, they were all done around the 1/5 shutter mark, how they dont suffer from camera shake Ill never know, they were all handheld! :D

Great shots Betty, lovely colours and detail (y)

Thanks all! I wish I had taken another in landscape, then I could put them in a three way frame :(

Ah well, live and learn :p

Back