And another mystery bird....

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Right then - having proved yourselves very quick to provide a solution to the last one, try these. Pics aren't even as good quality as the last I'm afraid - these were even further away, we didn't dare get out of the car in case we frightened them off, and they were moving about too!

1351Mysterywader2.jpg

1350Mysterywader.jpg

They were on the machair next to the beach - which was right behind the road we were on. Those black patches on the fronht were extremely distinct on some, and more patchy on others, leading us to suspect that they may have been changing winter for Summer plumage?

Do you know, I came up with that one too, but no other shots I've found have had that black breast/throat patch showing! Wish I'd thought to check the RSPB site myself! Cheers chaps - that's two more to add to our list now then! :clap:

Theyre green status on the RSPB site...however Ive never seen one!!

Neither had we! (Not though we knew we had, if you get my drift!) Discovered a real fascination with bird-spotting while we were away - I think the final count was somewhere around 65 different species in our fortnight, 57 seen on the Western Isles, the balance on the way up and back. We'll now be aiming to beat that next year! :LOL:

Neither had we! (Not though we knew we had, if you get my drift!) Discovered a real fascination with bird-spotting while we were away - I think the final count was somewhere around 65 different species in our fortnight, 57 seen on the Western Isles, the balance on the way up and back. We'll now be aiming to beat that next year! :LOL:

Addictive isn't it ;) Next you will find yourself saying "oh 10 minutes won't hurt..." when you see a nature reserve sign on the way to work!

The are GP's.

Though the RSPB mag I get says there are regular sightings at Loch of Strathbeg near Fraserburgh, I've only seen them once. This was about 30 miles inland , west of Aberdeen, in a field. There hundreds of them but not seen them since. That was many years ago.

So I'd say you were pretty privilaged to see them.

The are GP's.

Though the RSPB mag I get says there are regular sightings at Loch of Strathbeg near Fraserburgh, I've only seen them once. This was about 30 miles inland , west of Aberdeen, in a field. There hundreds of them but not seen them since. That was many years ago.

So I'd say you were pretty privilaged to see them.

You need to visit Arbroath Cliff path during winter. Hunners o them(y)

Missed this one Witchy soz ... :D

You are turning into a right little birder ... :cautious:

I too would have gone with Black Headed Gull ... :shrug:

:LOL:

:p

they are indeed golden plover,they will all be leaving or left their wintering grounds now to go onto their breeding grounds.well spotted

Back