And people call me a "crash magnet"

I suppose it was the shot so far... it did a bit for me but I didn't know how to exploit it so well as it was only my 4th day with the cameras really!

Anyway, trucks in the rain tomorrow. We'll try and improve that.

Oh christ, you will have brown trousers if one them comes at you at some speed :LOL:

Well I thought I might just update this to the end of last year... It was an eventful end to the year really!

1. Flying!
9D1U1708.JPG

2. Boing! Didn't end up the right way up...
9D1U2056.JPG

3. Caterfields meeting the wall
IMG_1846.JPG

4. It was at this point it gripped and fired across the circuit at me... My coffee was on the barrier... Wasn't for long!
IMG_0187.JPG

5. Quality follow my leader!
IMG_0320.JPG

6. The new Lydden tyrewalls get a testing in January
IMG_0471.JPG

7. Uh oh...
IMG_1339.JPG

8. Now look! Proof my logos make it through the season!
IMG_1321.JPG

Roll on the 15th March for the start of the new season!

Cheers all

JB

Number 4 is quality mate. Love it. Did you get any shots of the crash or were you running at that point.

Woah, even more amazing shots :clap: Love number 7 :)

Roll on the new season :D

Cheers Matt. 8th March is my first day of bikes up at Brands but I'm up there tomorrow for a track day... I'm going round though...

wow - some top photos!!! Please can i come and stand next to you! :)

think No.4 is back in one piece again... sure it was at oulton the other day looking very nice and rather fast!

roll on the season! :)

bob

Thanks Bob. You can stand behind me but otherwise you're going to be too busy running to take photos... I sometimes am!

Good time had by all Hope no one was hurt.

Cheers Albi. Nope, they all jumped out and ran away!

Your pics are spot on and ive seen #6 on the front page of a BRSCC Or BARC programe cover i think??
Scott

Thanks Scott. If they have they've stolen it! Not spread that one around very much!

Number 4 is quality mate. Love it. Did you get any shots of the crash or were you running at that point.

Thanks Danny. I must confess there's about 2 more shots and then I respectfully retired from the scene as I wasn't tracking him with the lens but rather just zooming in... Like I say, my coffee went for a burton and the breakfast baguette I had was covered in grass!

He bought the shots though! (y)

And people call me a "crash magnet"

I always though Geoff Bloxham was the crash magnet, but I think you do now rightly deserve the title!! ;)

Nice lens for the money, but i prefered the 70-200mm f2.8 plus the tc's if required, just wished they would remove them dam fences at race tracks, there a pain in the arse, particularly somewhere like the Hatch, you pretty much need a good 300mm+ now to get a decent shot with a media accreditiion.

Depends when you go. Trackdays, club days it's fairly easy to get inside the circuit at the hairpin. You can shoot coming up the hill, down the hill etc. Last time I went I think the marshall thought I was the official tog and let me stand inside the fence behind the tyre barrier so I could shoot as they came up the hill. :D

If it's the Indy circuit then clearways has low fencing you can shoot over the top of.

We probably ought to do a circuit guide of best places to shoot from.

Great photos by the way:D

I know some people who shoot through the fencing, and you would never know it to see the images they produce.

Remember people, motor racing can be a dangerous spectator sport - especially standing next to Jon :eek: :):)

Superb pictures:clap:, you must have lightening reactions (or a sign saying crash here???):)

HOLLY SMOKE batman #2 is a killer of a shot, SUPERB set.

Lets face it though guys we all secretly want them to crash so we can catch it :naughty:

Cheers chap. All luck!

I always though Geoff Bloxham was the crash magnet, but I think you do now rightly deserve the title!!

Jeff and I often joke about what effect we have. Many times we've been nearby at the same corner and all hell has broken loose!

As Lee Trevino once said ... "the more I practice, the luckier I get"

I spend must of my summer at Brands so I must get lucky every now and again!

Depends when you go. Trackdays, club days it's fairly easy to get inside the circuit at the hairpin. You can shoot coming up the hill, down the hill etc. Last time I went I think the marshall thought I was the official tog and let me stand inside the fence behind the tyre barrier so I could shoot as they came up the hill. :D

If it's the Indy circuit then clearways has low fencing you can shoot over the top of.

We probably ought to do a circuit guide of best places to shoot from.

Great photos by the way:D

Been up there today and strolled over to Druids to shoot through the fence. Not that difficult on an overcast day but makes me appreciate my media stuff all the better

I know some people who shoot through the fencing, and you would never know it to see the images they produce.

Harder work though!

Remember people, motor racing can be a dangerous spectator sport - especially standing next to Jon

Superb pictures:clap:, you must have lightening reactions (or a sign saying crash here???):)

I do tend to react quite quickly and often start shooting whilst raising the camera. Plus if I'm walking i'll have the camera set so if something happens I can react straight away and am not a slow shutter speed...

And thankyou ;)

Oooh I dunno Matt. I really only took a handful and there is nothing special. I may well do to break the monotony of Oulton trackday pics ;)

Was out in things today instead. it was a bit of a thankyou from some of the guys I shoot for... So was out in a Thundersaloon RS500 Sierra which was superb. The one that was on Top Gear the other month. Sure I'll find some shots sooner or later

Wow, some great shots. I wonder if you have the record for 'most expensive set'? There's a few £ worth there :)

Was out in things today instead. it was a bit of a thankyou from some of the guys I shoot for... So was out in a Thundersaloon RS500 Sierra which was superb. The one that was on Top Gear the other month. Sure I'll find some shots sooner or later

You absoulte *******. I hate you :) In the nicest way :LOL:

No. 5 brings backs some memories I used to race in that club and have been in a simliar position to the guy in the pic. Great set of pics, love the fire breathing elise :clap:

Wow, some great shots. I wonder if you have the record for 'most expensive set'? There's a few £ worth there :)

You know I hadn't thought of that! I'll take out insurace :)

Magnificent collection there!

Cheers!

Great set

Thanks Gary

You absoulte *******. I hate you :) In the nicest way :LOL:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/news/article.asp?NewsID=4472

Mmmmmmm RS500

It was worryingly impressive!

No. 5 brings backs some memories I used to race in that club and have been in a simliar position to the guy in the pic. Great set of pics, love the fire breathing elise :clap:

Cheers chap

Back