Critique Andrena Mining Bee

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure but I think I've got the ID right, but not confident on the exact species; possibly Andrena fulva, the Tawny Mining Bee?

Anyway, I found this guy wandering around on my patio. Didn't look able to fly so gave me the opportunity for some shots. I also offered a finger and he climbed right up. I guess the floor must have been a bit cold..

This was from 4 images:
Andrena Mining Bee by Tim Garlick, on Flickr

And this from a stack of 38 images, but I didn't use them all in the final edit. Maybe about 25 or so?
Andrena Mining Bee by Tim Garlick, on Flickr

OOh also, looks like the front page preview thumbnails are back and we've nearly filled it with bugs :)

View attachment 36996

Come on! Keep posting, lets go for a clean sweep :woot:
We just need to message each other to arrange a day/time to SPAM the front page pmsl

Damn it... I could fill it by myself from all the shots I have held back due to the rubbish homepage the last few days :D

Seems every has got shots of bee's ;) these are great need to start stacking, I had a miner bee but was out with me girls so i didn't have time to take more than a snapshot.

I'm so jealous of your stacking ability certainly handheld. (y)

Another couple of great shots.
#1 Really like that composition you got there and the 4 shot stack is superbe, all spot on.
#2 About 25 shots, geez your going for a record Tim :D again this is another great shot its a shame you missed the focus on the closest antenae but thats just my little nit pick.

Damn it... I could fill it by myself from all the shots I have held back due to the rubbish homepage the last few days :D

(y)
And they have kept the other naff home page too, (2 home page buttons) well for me anyway

Very impressive Tim, the 1st shot being my favourite. How the hell do you go about doing a stack from so many images, I struggle with anything over 5.

Two very nice shots Tim, with #1 being my fav. Great composition and detail.(y)

George.

Very nice Tim
The only time I have seen any and I didnt have the of set ups with me.

Back