android tablet preview

Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I suppose this question doesn't need to be specific to my setup but has anyone had any experience using an android tablet (eg nexus) to display the preview from images on a Nikon (eg d300). I think its doable with a micro to mini USB cable and an app like remote you cam, but was wondering if anyone had tried this?

Seems like a fantastic way of previewing images on a shoot or something. I think the above app may even support tethered shooting functionality. Don't know if it will be able to cope with raw however. I'll probably give it a go for curiosities sake provided I can lay my hands on the cable. Wish me luck ;-)

Albeit not from a Nikon perspective (although I think the principles are the same), I hook up my Canon to my Archos Tablet.
The archos has a full size USB port so the existing lead works a treat.

If I plug the 5D2 into the archos it will let me preview any JPEGS as it just picks up the camera as a mass storage device.
With RAW I need a little help from an app which lets the tablet read CR2 files.

Admittedly the app for reading RAW isn't the most refined, or certainly it wasn't the last time I used it but I'm sure it can only get better over time though.

It is nice though being able to preview at 10 inches rather than on the camera screen.

Can you not shoot in RAW+JPG using a JPG of just sufficient size to fit the screen?

Oh and I'm moving this thread to equipment.

Thanks very much all. I'm going to order a cable off amazon. It came as a huge shock to me that maplin didn't have one!

Can you not shoot in RAW+JPG using a JPG of just sufficient size to fit the screen?

I've read this somewhere else and it does sound like the simplest solution so I think you might be onto something, cheers!

Oh and I'm moving this thread to equipment.

Absolutely fair enough :)

Back