Ankor Wat Reflection

Edit My Images
Yes
From my recent trip to Cambodia,
The first is a reflection of Ankor Wat, and the second a more remote and less molested temple, although there was a t-shirt stand inside!!!

Thanks for the reply. Can I just ask which photo? Or both? And what would you do to correct? Sorry form all the Q's but am a beginner and can only learn by asking.

I think the first picture can be saved. It has some potential (good subject and the boy in the water makes it interesting) and surely is something you'll like to keep as a reminder of holidays. I would crop to exclude at least that cut in half body on the right, maybe even more keeping only the interesting bit. I think the dark on the left brings nothing to the picture. The sky is well exposed so I would probably try to bring more detail in the shadows (cursor shadows and black in lightroom). Sorry it's a really really bad edit done in photofiltre (like paint...). I don't have lightroom on this computer, it's just to show you a idea of where to go.

IMG_7280_zpse57215a4
by Lemaildetom on Talk Photography

Last edited:
I think the first picture is a bit dark and its a bit off putting having that guy cut in half on the very right hand side , the second one is better but both look a bit soft to me , Ankor Wat is an amazing place and there's so many places to take great photos , I'm sorry to say your don't do the place justice it looks like you just held the camera up and hit the button, I know it maybe a bit late for Ankor wat but next time your out with your camera think about the composition , take a bit of time to walk around and find the shot .
Anyway good luck and I hope this was some help to you.

Thanks for the advice. I have downloaded light room but never used it so just uploaded the raw photos in this case. I agree with the cropping the first image. It was a bit point and shoot as the kid walked in without warning. I will have a go with light room soon to see what happens.

And don't fear Dmax I have plenty more photos from different angles and different parts of the complex. Just liked the subject in this photo.

But again thanks for the advice.

Think about light (where it is coming from, how it falls on the subject, the colour, intensity, how harsh or soft it is), composition (where you place the subject in the frame, what else is in the frame, is anything unsightly in the frame or encroaching at the borders) and what you are trying to show with your photos (mood, detail, story telling, emotion).

From there you can start to make good pictures. :)

Have had a little go in lightroom and looks ok, for some reason only the jpegs were saved and not the raw files as should have been so quality not as good as it could be. Any advice on editing would be appreciated.

One is the original photo and there is another photo which was taken moments before with the same settings.

IMG_7279 by Pommy150, on Flickr

IMG_7280 by Pommy150, on Flickr

This one should be bigger, unfortunately the quality of the photo seems to have suffered as I only have the jpegs. More interested in how people think the editing went and if it is an improvement?

IMG_7279 by Pommy150, on Flickr

I have been playing with these photos and personally prefer the light how it is. I can see what people mean though and have used the advice in other photos.

Thanks for the help

Back